Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Is it too early to start looking for a guild in this game?

As the title states, I really want to get into a decent guild off the bat of this game as I never usually do this in any other MMo, but I'm excited for this one. Please let me know if there are any guilds out there looking for anyone willing to join.

Comments

• Options
    As I am a Guild Leader myself my opinion might be a bit biased, but even back when I was a regular player I always looked to join a guild as early as possible to get to know the people and see whether the guild structure suits my expectations.
  • Options
    There is a whole section called Guild Recruitment. Look over the posts then follow their contact information. Many of them are active guilds in other games currently and have Discord or other ways to communicate with their members to build a community feeling before launch. They are kinda scrambled atm, but regional sorting is coming soon(tm).
  • Options
    Looking for a guild, might be early, but it'll have you make friends before launch. Myself, I'll try and find a guild once the forums get a proper overhaul. 

So that the forum page looks like this

Home>Ashes of Creation Guild Recruitment>EU>RP

Until then, I'll just lurk, like I always do, and if I see a guild pop up that meets my requirements, I'll apply.
  • Options
    No fault in looking for guilds this early, but don't glue yourself to one guild, you might fancy another guild later on. the game is still far away, lots can happen.
  • Options
    Like Azurl and Ariatas said, right now the only reason to join a guild (in my opinion) should be to get to know people, make some friends and have a good time.
    Sure you can decide on a guild based on your goals in the game, but until it arrives you won't be able to verify if they are going to actually aim for them anyway <shrug>
  • Options
    Welcome to our community!
    UnknownSystemError stated is a good start.  Joining Discord and getting to know people here will help also in deciding who you might like to join.  You have a long while to decide.  Try to get to know people.
    That's what many of us are doing.