Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

So correctly casting a spell charges youre ultimate faster.

So correctly casting a spell charges youre ultimate faster.

At first I thought, mwww is that a fun thing to do. But like 20 seconds later I was already like, heck yea thats awesome. It allows good timing and and precision while fighting.

Its enhances the idea of a main. Cause you will memory muscle those spells you use alot so you dont have to focus on casting it at the right time to gain youre ultimate faster.

But the question is will those windows in the time you have be random or always the exact location?

If you didnt see the video yet, its here:
Video

Comments

• Options
    Currently it looks to be random. If you look at the stream footage from the 23rd you see it changes position each cast.
  • Options
    If it isn't random then it would probably stop being engaging much quicker than if it were random.
  • Options
    Im concerned it will be very clunky in PvP. Based on the video released last night, it appears to move fairly quickly, but I'm still worried we will see this mechanic as a hindrance to smooth combat.
  • Options
    Karthos said:
    Im concerned it will be very clunky in PvP. Based on the video released last night, it appears to move fairly quickly, but I'm still worried we will see this mechanic as a hindrance to smooth combat.
    +
  • Options
    I have huge concerns with this mechanic. 

1. It will be infuriating when there is lag (big battles). 
    2. You will have to look at your cast bar, ignoring important things like the enemy casting, other player positioning. Your abilities in an MMO should be muscle memory. "Skill" comes from reading situations and reacting correctly. 
    3. As Karthos said it will make combat clunky and slow the pace 

• Options
    I will reserve judgement till it has been polished more. You can already see that it is part of the anti-macro hack/bot mechanic. If you have to hit a random sweet spot to gather it is going to make click and loot gathering a non-afk activity. I can also see them discussing it during development.
    Players: We don't want the same old tab targetting and we don't want pure action fps play!
    Devs: Alrighty then, let's make a combo of both. Here is a model of it not polished or finalized yet.
    Players: It is something new. We hate it!
  • Options
    I will reserve judgement till it has been polished more. You can already see that it is part of the anti-macro hack/bot mechanic. If you have to hit a random sweet spot to gather it is going to make click and loot gathering a non-afk activity. I can also see them discussing it during development.
    Players: We don't want the same old tab targetting and we don't want pure action fps play!
    Devs: Alrighty then, let's make a combo of both. Here is a model of it not polished or finalized yet.
    You have a way of giving an opinion without really giving an opinion.

Teach me your ways...
  • Options
    Karthos said:

Teach me your ways...
    Doesn't he though!   
  • Options
    It is pre alpha just to show you guys. Don't judge yet.
    And btw, charging an ultimate is by no means distracting, please, take 1 sec and look at a game called Overwatch. It is 10x faster than any MMO and they use the same fight mechanics as Ashes.
  • Options
    Karthos said:

Teach me your ways...
    I posted this earlier, but it got eaten. 20 years in Japan has ruined me.
    Honne and tatemae are Japanese words that describe the contrast between a person's true feelings and desires (本音 hon'ne, "true sound") and the behavior and opinions one displays in public (建前 tatemae, "built in front", "façade").
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honne_and_tatemae
    Or as I like to think of it, the polite way of telling someone to "go fuck yourself" while smiling and bowing.
  • Options
    ...so being able to watch your character and the battlefield while attacking/casting/defending is not "true skill?"

I like the way they are leaning, instead of button/cool-down/button/cool-down you have the option to gather your focus by nailing the sweet spot. Nice!
  • Options
    Someone posted in one of the other threads on this that basically it is the same system that Overwatch uses (don't know, never touched it) just 10x slower. Good to see someone taking ideas from Blizzard, instead of the other way round for once. Also bodes well for the eventual controller support that some have asked for.
  • Options
    Someone posted in one of the other threads on this that basically it is the same system that Overwatch uses (don't know, never touched it) just 10x slower. Good to see someone taking ideas from Blizzard, instead of the other way round for once. Also bodes well for the eventual controller support that some have asked for.
    I don't see the Overwatch comparison honestly...

OW uses RMB, LMB, E and L Shift (as default) for pretty much all the skills. The system OW uses is not something I would like to see used in an MMO what so ever.