Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Dungeon Loot Distribution

So a friend of mine had an idea that I've expanded on after the mention of a bidding system to determine loot distribution. What if loot distribution methods were determined by the type of node you're in? For example...
Economic nodes use the bidding system suggested. The gold could be distributed among party members or put into the guild bank / node funding.
Scientific nodes, being diplomatic, have a voting system to settle disputes over item drops, where everyone involved can vote items towards other party members to determine the recipient.
Military nodes resort to a free-for-all, or duels to settle disputes over loot.
Faith nodes I'm not so certain for, but perhaps these could follow the dice-roll type system that's so traditional.

Anyway, just wanted to throw cool ideas out there.

Comments

• That is a neat idea. Would be interesting to see several people all wanting the item start a little free for all brawl in the boss room hah.
  • Well i see that the bidding system generally can be abused by friends and guilds by bidding always the minimum and share loot afterwards. Or atleast it makes the bidding system kind of vain.

Voting system can be exploited by running with group mixed of few friends and pugs. These friends can vote each other to get all loot.

Who wants to start duel after loot share? This also leads situation where the strongest takes it all and weakest dueling classes does not get anything.

These problems just came up mind.. sorry about that.  :|

• As said above its a neat idea...but not without problems.
    Could be a last resort mechanism where fair claim cant be determined and its a free for all though, rather than the primary mechanisms where fair claim can be ascertained ;)
  • Ferryman said:
    Well i see that the bidding system generally can be abused by friends and guilds by bidding always the minimum and share loot afterwards. Or atleast it makes the bidding system kind of vain.

Voting system can be exploited by running with group mixed of few friends and pugs. These friends can vote each other to get all loot.

Who wants to start duel after loot share? This also leads situation where the strongest takes it all and weakest dueling classes does not get anything.

You raise some excellent points! I just thought it would be a thematically cool solution to dungeon loot, but putting the thematic appeal aside, it does raise a lot of issues. It makes me wonder if an effort should be made to balance those issues, or if they could be left in to provide appeal for different types of nodes. Hm...
  • NuFekYu said:
    Ferryman said:
    Well i see that the bidding system generally can be abused by friends and guilds by bidding always the minimum and share loot afterwards. Or atleast it makes the bidding system kind of vain.

You raise some excellent points! I just thought it would be a thematically cool solution to dungeon loot, but putting the thematic appeal aside, it does raise a lot of issues. It makes me wonder if an effort should be made to balance those issues, or if they could be left in to provide appeal for different types of nodes. Hm...
    I agree. There are some pretty innovative loot systems in other games that avoid the toxicity and the ability for guilds or organized groups to exploit the system. Similar systems can be implemented in Ashes without negative impact on the economy or detracting from the design pillars.
  • Cool idea but as long as it is an option, and people still have an option to go with classic loot distributions (the loot distributions already presented by Intrepid).

I don't mind if extra options exist, options are always good.