Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Greetings from a Roleplayer

Greetings,

I am a new subscriber and this seems the forum where newcomers introduce themselves.
A friend of mine, old guildie on another MMO, pointed me to the development of this game that definitely has some features of interest.

On the other hand I was searching through to see what's the take on Roleplay for this game. PvE and PvP fuels most of the game, but some players just like to RP (and usually are also undergeared and less proficient at gaming) - which means on a regular "realm / server / shard" prolly any town or castle they can ever get would not last long either.

So can't help to wonder - how this game is RP friendly (toward a community of roleplayers) to not get steamrolled by the more hardcore players!

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    Warmest of welcomes to you @Shonn :)

*bows*
  • Options
    Hello and a very warm welcome to Ashes <3
  • Options
    Welcome I too hope that mechanics will be implemented to support RP. They are putting in a bards apparently there is no traditionally RP specific character than the Bard. So fingers crossed.
  • Options
    Welcome Shonn. :-) 

I am not a RP player myself, but i have always liked how these players gets the world feel more alive with their actions. And what i have saw from these developer videos, that they will also focus RP aspect of game. How much? Dont know.. ;)
  • Options
    What do you hope for? 
    For one thing there is the flagging system so that you wont get endlessly murdered in the open world if you are one of those that do not bother to much with the game.
    I know that rp people are often enough quite capable and in the traditional endgame.
    If you want to build a city or something even larger with a pure rp community you will have to play with the rules given i suppose and i can see a little city rather somewhere outside happening.
    Usually rpers find their way even in hostil enviorments but here i think you will find quite a lot in favor for that.

So welcome and enjoy your stay.
  • Options
    Welcome aboard! I think you'll find company here amongst the ashlings. Some guilds are really big on building lore into their creation. Rpers walk among us
  • Options
    Welcome. ^^ There seem to be many future roleplayers here, so you will probably have an easy time finding a place in the community that suits you.
  • Options
    Hi @Shonn,
    Great that you're with us. Is there any particular character or style that you prefer to rp? I've not been into role play up to now but have been quite intrigued by @Wraeven's and others' impressive Fan stories in Community Creations in this forum. Just been a revelation of the depths of their imaginations.
    Trust you'll really discover your role in every sense in our community - Welcome!
  • Options
    I would assume the people would be friendly toward role players. Welcome to the forums and have fun.
  • Options
    Welcome @Shonn! You have arrived at a good time, development is going full steam but there is still room for suggestions! Post up your ideas in the forums! 
  • Options
    Welcome to the community @Shonn!
  • Options
    Welcome friend :)
  • Options
    Welcome to the community. I hope you have fun on the forum.
  • Options
    Shonn    There are many role players among us.   Perhaps someone will see this post and reach out to you.