Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Camp to Village Construction Transition

I am wondering on how a camp will develop into a village (or any other node level up). I know that is kind of vague, so let me elaborate. As soon as we level a node from level 2 to level 3, will the camp immediately turn into a village? Like, will the buildings and streets just appear like magic? Or will the village be built up over the course of gaining exp for the node? I am just imagining being in a small camp when the node levels and all of a sudden buildings just appear all around me or I will be like "wtf" because I am trapped in a building when I was just standing beside a tent a second ago lol.

Comments

• Options
    I think the evolving of cities takes from few hours to few weeks. So maybe that camp to village takes few days.. just my vague guess though. ;)

How that level up will be implemented in practise is a really good question. It would be really cool if the progression could be seen piece by piece. These pieces does not need to be brick by brick, but maybe one building at time or something like that.

But yeah i am also very interested know how this leveling up will happen in practise. :) 
  • Options
    The experience at PAX is an on rails sort of thing and not indicative of what node levelling is going to be. Hey look...4 people went out and got some shrooms, poof, it is now level 3. It was just to show the mechanic. How quickly the node "pops" and the new buildings appear is something we will see in testing. They are sure to not make it a jarring experience where the npc you were talking to a minute before just poofs into the ether and his uncle and two brothers are suddenly just standing there offering different quests. Also the whole trapping people inside structures and walls is sure to be addressed.
  • Options
    Good question about Node transition phase.
    Never even thought about it TBH.
  • Options
    Good question about Node transition phase.
    Never even thought about it TBH.

Oh yeah its not just towns, its the whole node thing. And what about seasons..? *thinking*
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2017
    Yeah, I am just curious because I have never heard it brought up before. I am sure Intrepid has a plan for it I just wanted to see what ya'll thought about it :) Transition is the world I was looking for, not speed, thank you @Rune_Relic
  • Options
    Seems like a good question for ask intrepid.
  • Options
    If node transition will be "instant", I guess each node level would have network of designated safe spots (not occupied by buildings) and when transition happens, people in node would be teleported to nearest "safe spot" to not get trapped inside building.

These safe spots could be predefined for every node level, and spread around the streets.
  • Options
    As siege destruction mechanics will have to be structurally partitioned I will guess that progression will be % partitioned as well with a final evolution cinematic just as I expect final failure in a siege to show a dramatic raze of the surrounding infrastructure. So my answer = combination by default.
  • Options
    Hmn, I think it'll be look more like this.
    Village lvl 2 0%. 3 Buildings, few npc, (meaby 4) Shop.
    Village lvl 2 50% 3 Buildings, 2 more npc. 2 Shops.
    Village lvl 2 100% -> lvl 3 0% make place for new's buildings. buldings under construction. new npc's arraive (10). Market under construction.
    And after few days we have lvl 3 0% exp

Of course with lvl this noumbers increase. But this is my point of view. Because I don't think building and npc will magically appear, because, they gather 3m dollars on kickstarter so for sure they will put almost a whole work in node system.
  • Options
    Yeah, I am sure that it will be seamless. I originally made this thread because at Pax West the town did magically appear. I look forward to seeing it all come into place