Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Things that failed in other mmo.

1st. Farming System in Archage.  

A) it make game laggy, 
B) You needed premium for that and people were crying
C) Even when you had premium if you was not quick enough there was no space for you left to build farm

Alt solution: Make Guild Houses which players can build bigger/upgrade by droping schematics from bosses. Split build areas in beginner/challenger/master zones. Give bosses option to drop schematic for guild house that can be build in harder zones.

2 PvP. Capture the point/DM . Old and Boring

Alt sollution: Make something similar to Sacrefice mode in Quake champions with movement speed d-buff on person having artefact or do thing that Unreal Tournament had where one team atack enemy base and destroy some building till they get to base core and destroy then team swap. Anything that is more than brainless killing

3 Making money. Cosmetics will be not enough. Seen so many mmo when dev said their game will not be pay to win in the end they crumble sooner or later. Exp booster/drop booster/enchant booster will kill game quick.

Alt Solution: Make same thing that dota/cs:go did. Allow players to sell items for real money and take %cut from it. It will make game more popular and will allow devs to make money instead of enchant boost. Only thing important is to remember to limit real money trade option to charaters with high lvl so it limit amount of bots.

4. Bots/spamers. Make A popup Circle split in 4 parts. One part is with O other 3 with X. if players answer wrong or do not answer in 15min then he get kick. It's easy solution used in few mmo. Help against spamers and over populated servers.

5. Class ballance. When some class seems to OP devs bring nerf hammer to that class but more then often it makes that class not what it should be.

That's why best ballance solution is the one known in Dota2. What you do is not take away strengh but improve weakness. So if one class deals lot of dmg and is hard to catch you make it weaker by making it sensitive to stuns/slows.
------------------------------------

So far that's all that come to my mind, english is not my 1st language so i hope you forgive me.

Comments