Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Holiday Events??

I know this is way way way too soon but watching the stream I enjoyed the unintentional derailed sales pitch.

for "x-mas" we have (snow) Storm-Giant Barbarian Santa Bacon come and give presents to the worthy and punish the gankers. Come on I get its a lil tongue in cheek silly but seasonal holiday bosses sounds fun?

Comments

• Options
    Ah, the Ashes Santas are full of suprises!
  • Options
    I would prefer the holidays to have a basis in the world they exist; that reflect upon the lore of the game.  Give me Aztec style "empty days" where civilians live in fear because their calendars cannot account  leap years and prophecies.  Make these times when the "umbra" or "veil between worlds" is thinner and certain monster types are empowered or run amok.

Make feast days for gods; which vary from wickerman style dark festivals to joyous balls which celebrate military victories; include the equivalent costume character items to celebrate that are unique.

I don't want to see a fat man in a red suit, bunnies and colored egg quests, etc.

I really hate the immersion breaking of tongue in cheek holidays that strip away the game history and replaces it with our own.
  • Options
    I actually enjoy the seasonal stuff in MMOs. Granted it is immersion breaking, strictly speaking, but I don't see any harm in our characters reflecting us ingame, and reflecting our experiences ingame, including holidays that we all enjoy. It's harmless, it's temporary and it's damn good fun.
  • Options
    There are seasonal events in all serious MMOs, so I expect them in AoC too. They are fun, bring the community togethe and often bring people back from the dead (people that had quit the game) if the rewards are good.
  • Options
    TBH I want the same seasonal event system that Runescape has. They really know how to get you into the holiday spirit. 
  • Options
    I hope they have holiday events but put their own Ashes Lore spin on it.

maybe Christmas is actually "Stevenmas" where the children all get new sandles left for them by the fire and everyone drinks to much and mom and dad fight while Karthos eats left over Halloween candy in the basement while everyone else eats ham and pies.
  • Options

for "x-mas" we have (snow) Storm-Giant Barbarian Santa Bacon come and give presents to the worthy and punish the gankers. 

I'd agree with this but only if, parallel to that, a (fire) Molten-Giant Jeff comes to give gifts for the naughty, and spread destruction on the carebears.

We could have the epic fight of 2 world bosses, each followed by own armada of players! Would be amazing!  :D
  • Options
    Pogybait said:
    I would prefer the holidays to have a basis in the world they exist; that reflect upon the lore of the game.  Give me Aztec style "empty days" where civilians live in fear because their calendars cannot account  leap years and prophecies.  Make these times when the "umbra" or "veil between worlds" is thinner and certain monster types are empowered or run amok.

Make feast days for gods; which vary from wickerman style dark festivals to joyous balls which celebrate military victories; include the equivalent costume character items to celebrate that are unique.

I don't want to see a fat man in a red suit, bunnies and colored egg quests, etc.

I really hate the immersion breaking of tongue in cheek holidays that strip away the game history and replaces it with our own.
    This, agree wholeheartedly :)

A would also love it if they occurred on their own in-game calendar and did not coincide with real-life holiday times. That's probably unpopular, but I think it would be cool to get excited about a holiday that only occurs in the game, not because it is Easter, when we celebrate out of game.
  • Options
    Pogybait said:
    I would prefer the holidays to have a basis in the world they exist; that reflect upon the lore of the game.
    ya i would prefer they have their own ashes lore
    Karthos said:
    Christmas is actually "Stevenmas"
    O I could do holidays for each of the team members i just think Bacon looks like a barbarian Santa normally so he gets x-mas lol
  • Options
    exactly its not like it wont happen at all its just a matter of the spin on the lore
  • Options
    I love in game holiday events and I hope they have them in Ashes.  EQ2 has THE best holiday events in any MMO.  Nights of the Dead starts Friday if you want to check that one out as you can do a F2P.