Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Dev's. How will a new Metropolis Node be chosen?

Expanding on that. There can only be a set number of Metropolis stage nodes as stated and so when one is sucessfully seiged it is dropped a tier as is my understanding thus far. 

Here enlies my question.
How will the new metropolis node be chosen to fill the now open slot for one? 

Say there are 3 or however many nodes at stage 5 ready to be stage 6 metropolis and the slot just came open. Is the stage progression bar full at 999999999 waiting for that .0001 to change to the metropolis? 
How does this work?

Comments

• Actually it would be stage 5 cities ready to become stage 6 metropoli. And due to the massive zoi that metropoli take up, you won't have that many 5s waiting in the wings. They have announced nothing about how the preference would work, but you have to imagine with it being one of the core pillars at least one of them has brought it up.
  • #IntegeroutofRange
    :tongue:
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2017
    Neighboring cities will have to destroy one another in order to become metropolis. Let's say there will be 4 cities next to eachother which are ready to become metropolis. Metropolis will cover a huge ZoI. And you need to destroy all the nodes that are in the ZoI of the future metropolis. So the winner of those 4 cities, only one of them, will become metropolis.
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2017
    I don't think we have to destroy neighboring nodes.
    Neighboring nodes aren't destroyed as civilization advances.
    Neighboring nodes are locked from advancing further.

Takes weeks to prepare for a siege.
    If a siege on a city is unsuccessful, we have to wait 40 days before it can be sieged again.
    Destroying multiple neighboring cities (including that new city that was recently a metropolis) in order to advance to Stage 6 is not a reasonable requirement.

I don't think cities will be sitting on the edge of city progression, rather there will be numerous tasks and quests and buildings that must be completed in order to push the city to Stage 6. Those tasks and quests will unlock once the metropolis de-levels to Stage 5.
    And the first city that completes all of that and is not  so close to a metropolis that it's locked from advancing to Stage 6, will progress to Stage 6.

(a server can have a max of 5 metropolises)
  • I kinda expect they're gonna balance it with the amount of active players of server, so no matter what it'll be a same amount of metropolis. 
  • Dygz said:
    I don't think we have to destroy neighboring nodes.
    Neighboring nodes aren't destroyed as civilization advances.
    Neighboring nodes are locked from advancing further.

Takes weeks to prepare for a siege.
    If a siege on a city is unsuccessful, we have to wait 40 days before it can be sieged again.
    Destroying multiple neighboring cities (including that new city that was recently a metropolis) in order to advance to Stage 6 is not a reasonable requirement.

I don't think cities will be sitting on the edge of city progression, rather there will be numerous tasks and quests and buildings that must be completed in order to push the city to Stage 6. Those tasks and quests will unlock once the metropolis de-levels to Stage 5.
    And the first city that completes all of that and is not  so close to a metropolis that it's locked from advancing to Stage 6, will progress to Stage 6.

(a server can have a max of 5 metropolises)
    I suggest you re-watch some streams and re-read some blog posts.
    The main reason of node sieges IS to open the path of advancing your node by destroying the neighboring node which is blocking your node's progression. 40 days cooldown on a city siege isn't even confirmed, it was an example Steven gave us to make us understand the cooldown mechanics... Obviously there will be different requirements for a city to become metropolis other than destroying the neighboring node.
  • Still to be tweaked but the example given was based on the level of the node. Stage 3...3 day prep time, siege repelled, 10x prep time cooldown. Stage 4, 4 days prep and so on. He did say that the numbers would be tweaked if things were becoming too static. Depending on the amount of damage (read objectives completed) during the seige it may just lose a single level, or have a chance at being completely destroyed if it is a 3 or 4. Though it would be interesting if an opposing religious node was able to go all Sodom and Gomorrah on a node and turn everyone into pillars of salt.