Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Anyone think Trion trash talking Steven at PAX had to do with Yaviey?

Everyone around at the time was wondering what was up. Looks like she jumped ship for Trion.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/bridgesjennifer

Comments

• Options
    Is there video footage of this? Isn't this her second move? Moving around a lot upsetting a lot of people
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2017
    It was a "hot mic" moment during the livestream. I think Day 3. Was absolutely hilarious.
    Found it. Starts at timestamp 2:39:00

• Options
    Unfortunately the video does not play but thanks for linking it anyway. Get a better idea of what happened.
  • Options
    It's just someone saying "Hey dude, did you know Trion is trashtalking about you?"
    Not defending Trion in the slightest, I would have just liked to hear what they actually said.
  • Options
    Bacon: Yeah, everyone seems to be pretty cool, like 98%....
    Steven: Dude, the Archeage team at Trion is talking some maaad shit about me.
    Bacon: Really?
    Steven: Yeah, they're just random people.
    Bacon: What?
    Steven: The Archeage team at Trion is talking mad shit about me.
    Bacon: Really? Like what?
    Steven: About me playing Archeage.
    Bacon: Holy shit.
    Steven:Those mother fuckers......They're talking about how I bought gold.
    Bacon: How you did what?
    Steven: Bought gold.
    Bacon: Bought gold?
    Steven: These fucking guys.....
    Bacon: Shit...that's right....hot mic....hahhhahaha
    Steven: Ohhh my......
    Bacon: continues laughing
    Steven: I cannot believe these fucking people.
    Bacon and Steven laughing maniacally.
    Bacon: I did that last night.
    Steven: That is totally going to be clipped.

• Options
    I heard that. Still, it is just Steven telling Bacon what had happened, no actual footage of what Trion told to Steven. That's what I'd like to hear.
  • Options
    I find competition trash talking kinda funny, means they take ashes seriously
  • Options
    Sounds like conversations had between two people that have been... partaking?

Either way, if T.... is talking smack about another developer that played their game and "bought gold" then their world must be pretty awesome right now. I've played AA with a f2p character, if somehow "buying gold" allowed me to skip the first 50 levels of linear game play I might have done it :wink:

On the other side if S did "buy gold," and is trying to prevent that from happening here, he might want to address his community. "Hey guys I have in the past participated in game play that I don't believe was morally acceptable. But, that's what happens in f2p/p2w communities, and that's why I don't want one."

*I only mention this because it does sound as if he was upset about it*
  • Options
    We've known Yaviey was at Trion a couple weeks after she left Ashes.
    Rumors about Steven buying gold are probably unrelated.

• Options
    This foking Sorcerer guy dood.

I will laugh so hard when they will be forced to do another evolution of servers and end up having 1 server on each region when Ashes releases.

Rest in peace, Trion. Your butchery will forever be remembered.
  • Options
    I thought it was great when they were talking about meeting the guys from Chronicles of Elyria and everyone was having a good time. There was discussion of starting some light-hearted rivalry and even possible foam-sword battles.
  • Options
    Trion is one of the blacklisted companies for me.

Nothing more needs to be said.
  • Options

Above you can see Trion Worlds booth at PAX West 2017. Please look carefully at the amount of people and their average age who are interested in Trion Worlds' games.
  • Options
    People will trash talk others and their accomplishments when they have nothing to boast about themselves.  Jealousy and trying to make others out as the bad guys are all they can relate to.

Then you have those who try to sell or keep afloat an inferior product who will even go as far as paying others to make someone else's product/game look bad.   

Smart people will fact check and research many sources before making an intelligent choice.   
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    On further note,  no one knows the real reason why Yaviey left.  Looking at her employment history I wonder why she was actually hired and was usually gone within months of being hired.   
  • Options
    People will trash talk others and their accomplishments when they have nothing to boast about themselves.  Jealousy and trying to make others out as the bad guys are all they can relate to.
    I will just quote you here and add no further comment.
  • Options
    Bacon: Yeah, everyone seems to be pretty cool, like 98%....
    Steven: Dude, the Archeage team at Trion is talking some maaad shit about me.
    Bacon: Really?
    Steven: Yeah, they're just random people.
    Bacon: What?
    Steven: The Archeage team at Trion is talking mad shit about me.
    Bacon: Really? Like what?
    Steven: About me playing Archeage.
    Bacon: Holy shit.
    Steven:Those mother fuckers......They're talking about how I bought gold.
    Bacon: How you did what?
    Steven: Bought gold.
    Bacon: Bought gold?
    Steven: These fucking guys.....
    Bacon: Shit...that's right....hot mic....hahhhahaha
    Steven: Ohhh my......
    Bacon: continues laughing
    Steven: I cannot believe these fucking people.
    Bacon and Steven laughing maniacally.
    Bacon: I did that last night.
    Steven: That is totally going to be clipped.

It suddenly turned into a reality show.   :D  
    Real DevTeams of Game Developing Companies
    only on Bravo... and Twitch.

What Trion thinks Steven is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF_rByFDxAE

Next I want a "bought gooOOOLD? Uhm hell no biash" with a finger pointing from Steven. That'd be hilarious.

• Options
    edited September 2017
    Trion is garbage.

The way they treated the community of Archeage is forever an example of how NOT to manage your customer service. 

I played on the same server as Steven, both in Alpha and at release (thanks for the fights on Pirate Island). It was always the thing people grumbled, that he bought gold, and he was a whale, but it was never proven and overall, he was a driving force in making that server fun and active. He was super involved and his guild did alot. 

There were so many ways to exploit, cheat and hack that game, and Steven and his guild we're not the ones known for doing it. So the evidence isn't there. Plus, he was never banned as far as I know, so Trion obviously doesn't have proof either.

Sounds like sour grapes from a company dying from their own incompetence. 

As for the question, I honestly don't know enough about Yaviey to make a decision. She wasn't active all that much here( despite being CM), and so can't gauge personality on anything other than she left IS for the dumpster fire that is Trion.
  • Options

....must ... resist...commenting....ugh.

• Options
    resistance is futile!   speaketh the the truth!!! :P    
    I've been playing AA for a while now... two weeks after release, and what mostly keeping me playing is the guildmates and friends that i've become fond of over the years while playing.  Some really cool moments and lots of laughter.   It's been losing players left and right, RNG... bugs not being fixes, blame game going back and forth  Trion to XL, and lots of money grabbing ways that really pissed off the player base.  It still is fun to play when I am with a bunch of guildies/friends.   But hearing them resort to trash talking Steven? ehhh low class move.  
    Also, having a really major event in two days, and not a live stream, and their forums being quite vacant from any trion responses is quite disheartening on how they treat their playerbase.... quite sad :( really.... thought they would have tried harder to retain their customers better.... 

• Options
    edited September 2017
    Customers ? No no.....chequebooks ;) Just pixels on the other side of the screen really.
  • Options

....must ... resist...commenting....ugh.

Please...
  • Options
    Honestly, I do remember hearing this during the video and after my own experience with Trion this only seriously reinforces my own opinion and creative curse dialogue lol