Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Possibility of a Composition/Music system?

In terms of player choices and freedom to pursue and derive from Ashes the experience that you as a player want, will there be, or could there be, a system like in ArcheAge where you can produce/compose music and play them on instruments?

I imagine not everyone feels the same, but this was easily one of my favorite aspects of AA, being that it was just something neat and refreshing that I hadn't seen very many MMOs do before. In my opinion it just kind of adds to the immersion, giving you an additional resource to build the foundation of who your character is and who they could be or who you want them to be. What do you guys think? 

Comments

• Options
    If they develop it, I would love to try this feature in game. Music and sound such an important part of the gaming experience, I would sometimes leave EQ1's log-in screen on or walk into a tavern in PoK just to hear the background music.

I would enjoy creating a sound story for my characters; even as simple as a few note jingle. I've often wondered what my own RL soundtrack would be and this would be a great way to get into the game.

My own imagination is running wild with in-game "battle of the bands" and fun prizes for the crowd favorites. Great post and thank you for sharing your idea!
  • Options
    That would have to be policed. Cant just let people loose unfortunately. That means resources, that means money.

Maybe have a contest once in a while with community submissions, have the top whatever be added to the game for some price. (ingame currency or otherwise).
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2017
    Would be cool if you could compose your own 8bit guild song when you run in to battle.
  • Options
    Canikkiny said:
    If they develop it, I would love to try this feature in game. Music and sound such an important part of the gaming experience, I would sometimes leave EQ1's log-in screen on or walk into a tavern in PoK just to hear the background music.

I would enjoy creating a sound story for my characters; even as simple as a few note jingle. I've often wondered what my own RL soundtrack would be and this would be a great way to get into the game.

My own imagination is running wild with in-game "battle of the bands" and fun prizes for the crowd favorites. Great post and thank you for sharing your idea!
    It truly is a fun feature to be able to delve into. It just kind of gives you a little seasoning and spice to the dish that is your character, and I loved creating sheet music and playing some of the songs from SAO among others.

But my favorite was most definitely preparing for a huge raid and just playing that epic raid fight song with some friends or playing the Pirates of The Caribbean theme song while venturing the seas, and just kind of further helping set the mood and immersion.

But then again I'm a sucker for the small stuff!