Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

What happens when you die?

How does the death system work?

Comments

• No one knows for sure.

But in many religious practices, they believe you are sorted into some form of afterlife based on the merits of how you lived your life.
  • The current consensus is a random respawn. Not much more has been released yet.
  • I kinda hope it's like Daniel Jackson in the SG-1 series.  I think that's our best hope.
  • I would think a random spawn but maybe in or near the house you built or the node you are progressing? That would be cool!

• Random respawn worries me some but I also see why they want to do it that way... I just don't want to end up halfway across the world lost for 2 days... been there done that no need to repeat it
  • What if it depends on your religion? In some you just die, in others you are reincarnated as a frog, in others you move to another server. Heh. :)
  • sunfrog said:
    What if it depends on your religion? In some you just die, in others you are reincarnated as a frog, in others you move to another server. Heh. :)
    Then in my religion when you die you are reincarnated as a rich dude.
  • sunfrog said:
    What if it depends on your religion? In some you just die, in others you are reincarnated as a frog, in others you move to another server. Heh. :)
    Reincarnated as a frog..... :33 
  • Also was stated that the random respawn would be a node or zoi respawn, not halfway across the world. Unless of course you are near a metropolis, whose node influence will be huge. This is done to prevent spawn camping by pvpers. If you don't know where people will come back into the world, it is a little difficult to sit in one spot and wait to kill them over and over.
  • lexmax said:
    This sound pretty much like the DAoC death system right down the line which I highly approve of. Death with consequences.

If it is the same there will hopefully be a release timer so you don't just sit there dead indefinitely until you choose to release. If you don't get a rez in during that time you will auto release.
  • Karthos said:
    No one knows for sure.

But in many religious practices, they believe you are sorted into some form of afterlife based on the merits of how you lived your life. 
    Hopelessly hoping for the game to be as good as to believe what you just said to be true.  

• Also was stated that the random respawn would be a node or zoi respawn, not halfway across the world. Unless of course you are near a metropolis, whose node influence will be huge. This is done to prevent spawn camping by pvpers. If you don't know where people will come back into the world, it is a little difficult to sit in one spot and wait to kill them over and over.
    In addition it should be enough for you to want to not die and do what you can to try and stay alive. Dying shouldn't be a scapegoat for the situation you're in :3 Never give up \o/ 
    Random respawns occurs whether it's PvE or PvP
  • They have wobbled a couple times on whether or not the pve exp death penalty is still in or not. I personally think they are going to leave it as it is too easy to game from the flagging system. So those that think jumping off a cliff will get them somewhere faster or have them avoid the negative exp penalty from pvp are in for a big surprise. Ialso found the difficulty discussion hilarious, the people wanting it to be like Dark Souls and wiping 200 times on a boss. When a death costs you half an hour, or an hour of gameplay to remove the debt, there will be much gnashing of teeth.