Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

"Grey" Items

So I don't know about you guys, but I'm a bit of a loot whore. If I see something that can be picked up, I'll grab it. I'm the type to chase butterflies in Skyrim just because they're there and it says I can loot them. But it gets to be annoying in games where there are "useless" items that all you can do is vendor them. I was one of the first in WoW to get that big Mammoth mount with the vendor, just so I could sell crap easier.

One thing about AoC I found exciting was when they mentioned that for the crafting system there will be the ability to deconstruct, however I wonder if they will still add junk as many games do.

What I'm hoping for is that -all- loot can be easily deconstructed or have a purpose. Although I found the crafting in FFXIV to be poorly implemented, I found the lack of "grey" items in the game refreshing. All items were either used for crafting or could be equipped.

Do you guys like grey items? Do you think the ability to deconstruct should be easy or involve carting gear to some kind of station?

Comments

• Options
    I don't have the quote handy, but from what I remember the intention was to still have a small amount of "junk" that drops, but much less than other games in the genre. They want loot when you find it to have meaning and a reason for it rather than just nonsensical crap that doesn't make sense. Like why is that rat full of candle stubs. As of a couple months ago the decision was no aoe looting and you will have to manually click on lootable containers/bodies to get the goodies, having less junk made sense.
  • Options
    That does make sense, and I always felt that ale looting, although convent, took something away. That interaction you have with the body by going over to it helps with immersion imho. 
  • Options
    Well grey items are mostly some extra cash you get through the questing.