Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What would you like to see from the pvp leaderbord rewards?

We know we all want achievements, dont we?

But what do you think about the options?

Edit: For the (Unique items) I mean stuff like Wand of Many things. So not OP items.

Comments

• Options
    Cosmetics: I don't mind. Would be nice.
    Titles: Should definitely give titles to show people who is the boss.
    Unique Items: As in, OP gear? Or even normal decent-ish gear? No. Don't force me to queue Arena all day everyday. 
  • Options
    AeonAuron said:
    Cosmetics: I don't mind. Would be nice.
    Titles: Should definitely give titles to show people who is the boss.
    Unique Items: As in, OP gear? Or even normal decent-ish gear? No. Don't force me to queue Arena all day everyday. 
    Unique items like Wand of many things or some stuff like that. Not OP OP. 
  • Options
    Cosmetics : I would say yes, something that maybe has a time limit (like every month the leaderboard resets) , maybe something like a special cloak, or even a pet.
    Titles : Titles like warlord ,or warleader , or general, or Gran Captain, you know, something like that based on how much "points" you got.
    Unique items : I would say it's risky, since it can give players a huge advantage (if we talk about op items or unique weapons for example) , and it would create a lot of 
    discouragement among the players because at that point on one else will ever be able to get THAT item.

I would also add something like a Hall of Fame, where the 1's players on every month could get their name wrote on it, so that it gives you more a sense of satisfaction.
  • Options
    I would say cosmetics and titles. I like the idea of "Hall of Fame" :)
  • Options
    Yndrim said:
    I would say cosmetics and titles. I like the idea of "Hall of Fame" :)
    Aw yes, a hall of fame :) I like, or maybe some sort of gladiators hall.

• Options
    I vote other. As in nothing beyond the epeen shouting of "Look at me, Look at me!" Rankings are easily gamed by the system. Any time you have humans involved there are going to be people taking advantage. So many other games with leaderboards have fallen prey to people fixing matches to allow others to gain shinies and titles. Even if the matchmaking is totally random it is not to far a stretch to coordinate things with guildies and friends to throw matches. The larger the group, the easier it is. Talking in Discord for a 5v5. "Everyone set, we are going to get DoomGuardWilly his title, both groups queue on 3, 2, 1. GO!"
  • Options
    Cosmetics and items are fine, but unique items or consumables? Why?
    To make the strong and leading players even stronger compared to other players?
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2017
    FliP said:
    Who said anything about beign strong. Not in my topic. With unique items I mean things like wand of many things. We dont dont know what that is but not pw2. Will edit that to make clear.
  • Options
    @UnknownSystemError
    And thats why i prefer Open-World PvP . Arena PvP is just too Simplistic 
  • Options
    Fleelix said:
    FliP said:
    Who said anything about beign strong. Not in my topic. With unique items I mean things like wand of many things. We dont dont know what that is but not pw2. Will edit that to make clear.
    I figured being on top of a pvp leaderboard assumes having a strong and well geared character.
  • Options
    I might like the idea of a temporary title.  A title "only" so long as you hold the top position.

Other than that, I assume you already have some pretty cool stuff getting to the top, so no need to give you more... Except maybe a hat.  Like, a joke gift, but somehow ends up being a status symbol.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    FliP said:
    Fleelix said:
    FliP said:
    I figured being on top of a pvp leaderboard assumes having a strong and well geared character.
    Intrepid also said some arenas/battlegrounds will have a set powerlvl. (item lvl)

• Options
    It's cool to be proud of something you've accomplished but do we really need "rewards"? Shouldn't winning literally be it's own reward in a video game? 
  • Options
    Karthos said:
    It's cool to be proud of something you've accomplished but do we really need "rewards"? Shouldn't winning literally be it's own reward in a video game? 
    Also true but it goes both ways. When I see something cool I am like, dam I want that lets work for it whatever it is. 
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    I would like to see titles in combination with a PVP currency that you can use to buy some materials or other nice but not OP things. Maybe mounts that are average in speed, but unique in design to the PVP currency shop.
  • Options
    Yeah I also want areana to be something I do casually, for fun and relaxation.

I don't want it to be something I "have to" do all the time. This is why I voted for cosmetics.
  • Options
    The reward would be to top the leaderboard. I really don't want to see a bunch of rewards locked behind a leaderboard. The leaderboard should be about competition and boasting rights (if you ask me).
  • Options
    Cosmetic stuff but only as long as u have the requirements for it. i.e if u loose ur Rank 1 u loose ur Rank 1 Cosmetic too. (having a weekly reset or something like that)
  • Options
    Titles and a cow
  • Options
    What would I like to see? That would be a big ol' fat nothing. I don't want to see the game reward people for killing 20 more players than everyone else that week. You should be PvPing for the thrill of the fight, NOT to get #1 on some board so you can get the "King Dumb Ass" title, some pet or other vanity item.

The devs have already stated they don't want the game to be driven by leaderboards so even if they exist, don't expect them to reward you for being first on some list.

Why am I so against this? Well because I saw this VERY thing abused in ESO at the game's start with the Emperor title. People figured out how to abuse the system which cheapened it for everyone and made it nigh impossible for anyone not in the "know" to have any chance at getting it. And while they have greatly diminished the rewards for the title since then, you still have to be out PvPing 24/7 to have any shot at it. Since I don't and can't game 24/7 for weeks straight that renders the title completely out of my grasp.

Everything in a game should be obtainable by everyone with a reasonable amount of effort, not just those who have no life and can afford the time to spend their life glued to your computer.
  • Options
    Everything. This isn't a carebear game.
  • Options
    Cosmetics to enlarge the epeen of the pvp players. As others have mentioned, people will find ways to cheat in pvp and manipulate the rankings. Just don't give them stronger gear as a reward that others can not also obtain. I don't want to play panda land again where a highly geared player who got carried to that gear will just take a dump on a group of lesser geared but better players. 
  • Options
    If there were an award/reward besides rank on leader board I think it should go to the community, something like a statue of your Avatar (in their arena gear) as a statue in the town, or castle, they have citizenship in.

That way everyone that would theoretically be most familiar with the avatar/character would potentially "feel" like the world does revolve around them.

I think statues placed in common areas that look like your avatar and have your avatar's name on a plaque (and why you have a statue) should be rewards.
  • Options
    Cosmetics to enlarge the epeen of the pvp players. As others have mentioned, people will find ways to cheat in pvp and manipulate the rankings. Just don't give them stronger gear as a reward that others can not also obtain. I don't want to play panda land again where a highly geared player who got carried to that gear will just take a dump on a group of lesser geared but better players. 
    As said many times and in the post, no gear that makes you stronger.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    loads and loads of cosmetic so nobody looks the same 
  • Options
    Titles seems like the best way to go you can reward without giving to much of a reward for PKing. If you give to much It could lead to grief playing.
  • Options
    @OneWingedAngel
    I like your reasoning for it. But they could always just implement multiple Types or Armor pieces. All being able independently changed with the Use of ...
    " Soft-Crafting " <~<
  • Options
    Title is the best way to know with what hell are you meeting, also if the player isn't on top any more it's easier to take the title then cosmetic
  • Options
    Relwoh said:
    Titles seems like the best way to go you can reward without giving to much of a reward for PKing. If you give to much It could lead to grief playing.
    We are talking about arena leader boards. Not about open world PvP.

Also griefing would never be a thing because usually points are never given in MMOs for repeated killing of same players to avoid exploiting between friends trading kills to level up.

Usually same enemies only count for points first X kills per day. After it's no points at all or hard diminishing returns apply.