Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Land holding

Interesting :) The game mechanic will allow player to build not only his own house but a town ( becouze other town is destructible ), when another players will build their houses and masterworks on ur lands in search of protection, joint growth and benefit :D It's will be interesting to see the wars and communicate between these structures :)

Comments

• Options
    Indeed.
  • Options
    I knew a game that could do that aswell but every single spot for homes to build were taken.. the game had only special locations for the buildings and it was a P2W game so you could only build if you used real money!!
  • Options
    It is one of the best ideas for a sandbox mmo, but the problems are near the corner, as seen in other mmos that tried this style of game. 
    The land where you would plot was always taken by other players and you didn't had space to build anywhere, also if you wanted to take a territory for yourself, either you had to invest lots of game money and time, either you could have bought it with real moneys, so it created a major advantage for the p2w guys, resulting in a lot of dissatisfaction among the players, because maybe I wasted 1 month trying to have a land only for myself, then another guy with, exemple, 30 euros, could buy the land instantly, stealing my place.
    There are a lot of pros for this mechanic, but only if the developers manage to control it and balance it, because if not,it will be a complete disaster, not only for the players, but even for the game itself.

But, always hope for the best! Thumbs up for this game :)
  • Options
    Then you would use the mechanics available to free up land for your freehold. Don't like that people have hogged the land all in one area? Find other like minded individuals, siege the controlling node, win, and burn their stuff to the ground. Freehold placement doesn't become available until node level 3, so there isn't an instant land grab, people have to work in and on an area before they can go all Westward Ho! and set up shop. One of the absolute core philosophies from the developer is NEVER p2win, so you won't see people buying out tracts of land for cash. Housing is ACCOUNT locked, you can have one freehold, one in city house (limited in number, availibility increase as node levels) and one instanced apartment if the node has decided to build that upgrade once reaching level 5. Taxes are a thing, so if people aren't playing and maintaining their properties, poof, land available again. All of this depends on the map size, but since we have this indication from the developer, have hope!

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2017
    If the price of land will be large enough, you or your guild (team) will need to spend a huge amount of time on the farm to buy enough land,
    you or any particular member of the guild will be able to give personal permits for construction to other players,
    this will attract players to your land, because the land is expensive, but here you can already begin to build under the auspices of the guild,
    so the owner of the land will tax the housing, shops and workshops, earning on it.
  • Options
    I wonder if they can avoid the "Landlording" thing, 'cause I think some people be the capitalist of it. Buying every lands  in the node so newbies have to be in need of them. 
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2017
    Image result for hugging dolphin gif
  • Options
    Manwen said:
    Interesting :) The game mechanic will allow player to build not only his own house but a town ( becouze other town is destructible ), when another players will build their houses and masterworks on ur lands in search of protection, joint growth and benefit :D It's will be interesting to see the wars and communicate between these structures :)
    Youre house can be detroyed to, once the node it belongs to get destroyed.
  • Options

• Options
    "I knew a game that could do that aswell but every single spot for homes to build were taken.."

Ultima Online when I tried it in 2001, was like that. I roamed around lots of places trying to find a spot, and animals to tame. It was kinda weird to see an ice island with houses in every possible spots with barely a place to walk between them. There wasn't even a small spot to place the smallest house because of trees or rocks or other stuff. And this was before instanced housing existed.

I hope there is enough room for freeholds to not look too crowded on the landscape.
  • Options
    just give me a mausoleum and I will be fine