Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Salutations.

And good morning everyone.  New here like the majority. 

I heard of the game through a few websites and youtubers, but none have really answered a question I have. 

Would you be able to play as a full artisan or merchant? Never picking up combat, never fighting. Full pacifist mode?

Or will the game, at some cross road, force you to pick up combat?

A fan of mabinogi and the games, play how you want.

This greatly interests me, it'd be pretty interesting if I could choose never to enter combat mode if I so choose.

Comments

• Options
    Welcome to the Community.

I am not completely sure, but you should be able to play the way you want. However, I believe even if you just want to craft or trade, you will either have to buy the materials, gather them or kill monsters to obtain them, depending on what you want to craft/trade.

Kind regards,
    FliP
  • Options
    Welcome Sir!
    The idea of pacifist mode should exist in this game, if you want to go for a full merchant gameplay, but as said you will probably have to buy materials from other players that will loot mobs, since you will never pick it if you don't want to fight, so be careful with that.

So yeah, you can play full pacifist mode, but it will be harder if you are not going to take a weapon and slap some mobs, so expect that! :)
  • Options
    Welcome :)

If you got friends that gather youre materials it could possibly?
  • Options
    Welcome to the community!

Honestly not sure if we got conformation on that one. I'm pretty sure you'll be able to do trader only in late game, don't know if it's an option from the start tho.
  • Options
    FliP said:
    Welcome to the Community.

I am not completely sure, but you should be able to play the way you want. However, I believe even if you just want to craft or trade, you will either have to buy the materials, gather them or kill monsters to obtain them, depending on what you want to craft/trade.

@BobOfTibia FliP is on it   :wink:  and welcome to the AoC famz.   :smiley:
  • Options
    Welcome!
  • Options
    Hello and a warm welcome to the Community =)
  • Options
    Welcome @BobOfTibia  to the community.
  • Options
    Welcome to the community @BobOfTibia!
  • Options
    Would you be able to play as a full artisan or merchant? Never picking up combat, never fighting. Full pacifist mode?

Or will the game, at some cross road, force you to pick up combat?
    In the cities or in your freehold you should be relatively safe to carry out your trade. If you are gathering in the open world, you will probably need to foster friendships with those who can keep an eye on you, maybe in return for goods or services :)
  • Options
    Welcome BobOfTibia!
  • Options
    Welcome to the community. Hope you have fun on the forums.
  • Options

Welcome to our community! o/
  • Options
    Hi there! Welcome to the community! :D 
  • Options
    Welcome @BobOfTibia! As time goes on we will seem more of what will make the game tick. With the way the game is designed currently I would speculate that in a guild it would be possible to be a merchant/artisan and only do those trades, you would just need a supply of raw materials. 
  • Options
    Thank you all for the warm welcome. Sorry for the late reply, busy few days. 

And it seems the answer is a..maybe. Haha.

Well I'm more of a solo player and was definitely hoping to be able to stake a claim and make my own shop, it seems I might not get the option this time around.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2017
    1. Node can be sieged. But not at lesiure. There is a declaration period of X days which increases with the level of the node. Then there is a cooldown of 10x the declaration period until that node can be sieged again.
    2. Within your zone of influence they are talking about extractors which are collaboration based harvesting machines and similar. So you will be working with your fellow citizens of the node for mutual gain rather than competing with them and fighting against them.

Outside the area of influence, in the bad lands and frontier world. You better bring a war party. You may bump into others. Whether they decide to compete or cooperate will be decided on the spot. It maybe beneficial for the node citizens of the different nodes to work together...it may not.

There are groups that you can not attack and they can not attack you. There is also the corruption system to protect against those with a permanent bloodrage that must kill anything that moves without thought.

TL;DR
    How safe you are depends where you go and when.