Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Will we need to eat to stay alive? How does food work?

How does food work? I'm assuming a person's health refills with time, like, if you're in a battle you walk around for a bit afterwards and your health/stamina fills up with time, so why would I eat? 

If food keeps me alive then I'd have to log in every day to feed my character like a pet or something. What does food do to me?

Comments

• Options
    I hope not, never liked a food bar, I do like food buffs.
  • Options
    I'm with @Fleelix; I want food as buffs not staying alive/exhaustion limitation
  • Options
    No survival elements like consuming food or drink confirmed. Food will give buffs and alchemy is a thing. Paraphrasing "MMOs are not survival games." Terrain/Environment will have various effects, not all good.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2017
    There isn't any survival elements in this game, so no, you will not need to eat to survive.
  • Options
    No survival elements like consuming food or drink confirmed. Food will give buffs and alchemy is a thing. Paraphrasing "MMOs are not survival games." Terrain/Environment will have various effects, not all good.

Like what kind of buff? Like when Popeye eats his spinach?
  • Options
    According to the Ashes gameplay footage published May 30, 2017 on YouTube, Forest Guardian venison will provide a buff to the Accuracy stat.
  • Options
    I agree with everyone else, most likely no survival aspects like that in this game. As far as what kinds of buffs I would assume the normal buffs to accuracy, stamina, defense/dodge, HP, MP, regens, etc. Duration, strength, and number of effects on the buff will probably increase based on the rarity of the item.
  • Options
    Food will provide buffs, but you will not need to eat to survive.
    Source: Ashes of Creation - LiveStream 5/24/17

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2017
     Foooood!
  • Options
    I always Figured Food will be at Taverns, (some) Vendors and Camp-fires
    • Camp-Fires being randomly Generated, by " Neutral/ Friendly " NPCs & made by Players via Housing. 
  • Options
    Hey we already eat to stay alive in this world so I don't want to do it all over in another :')
  • Options
    It'd be cool actually.  All over Sims mechanic  :D   :D

Hunger   |||||ıııı
    Bladder  |||||||||
    Hygiene |||||||ıı
    Energy    |||ııııııı

But I think this survival hunger thing should be on mounts and pets, it keeps the responsibility to  acknowledge your pets/mounts. 
  • Options
    Just like in real life, I will eat for recreation.
  • Options
    feels bad when your character dies from hunger d-.-b 
  • Options
    CONSUME MASS QUANTITIES
  • Options
    that moment you find out you can't eat or drink