Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Hi!

I saw that reddit publicity link and decided to find more about this game, and was pleasantly surprised at the concepts presented, like dynamic world, crafting not being necessarily second fiddle to raid (or just placeholder gear that raid makes obsolete) even for main-crafters. I also like the node stuff and the class horizontal augmenting. Looking forward to the game being out.

I was a high level crafter in FF14, and was sad at how sidelined it was compared to raid. A beautiful complex craft system, made obsolete (at best placeholder gear you sell to server-first guilds, or cosmetics, or for money with little practical uses) because devs didn't want high level dedicated crafters to not raid.

Comments

• Options
    hello @SchalaZeal and welcome to ashes of creation, as far as the crafting the devs have said the crafting world be very in depth so I hope you can look forward to that 
  • Options
    Welcome @SchalaZeal :) I felt the same way about ffxiv. As @nagash said, Intrepid have promised a great artisan crafting system where crafted gear actually matters .
  • Options
    You came at the right time it cant be toooo long (soon tm) until we get a first look at the crazy crafting idea where you have to specialice in a discipline to be a true master. Which again is amazing since all the best armor will be crafted.

So welcome to our pilgrimage into new and hopeful lands. May the sandalgods bless you with a pair of sandals of your own.
  • Options
    @SchalaZeal Welcome to the community, I hear what you say about FFXIV hope to see a more rewarding crafting system in Ashes.

• Options
    Welcome to the community @SchalaZeal!
  • Options

Welcome to our community! o/
  • Options
    Welcome SchalaZeal! Yep, I tried FF14 and struggled with it, not in a difficulty sense but i couldn't actually get myself immersed in its world. I think many MMO's suffer with really making the player feel tethered to the world they're a part of. That's the void I'm hoping Ashes will fill. Welcome once again, hope you enjoy your time here! :)
  • Options
    Welcome to the community :)
  • Options
    Welcome to the community. Hope you have fun on the forum.
  • Options
    Welcome welcome @SchalaZeal to the community of AoC :smiley:

• Options
    Welcome @SchalaZeal! AoC is definitely breaking the MMO mold for the better!