Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

In-Game Player Music

I was a longtime player of Lord of the Rings Online and while the game went the route of P2W, their player music system was something that I thought would fit very well in Ashes of Creation.
This link provides an overview of what the system entailed. https://youtu.be/nQKJuzhmFdw

I think that it would be a cool addition to the tavern system to allow players to play some of their favorite songs for friends or as a group. It was a fun system to make down time while waiting for a group member a little more enjoyable. I can understand the arguments against music spam, but allowing for some player created music in taverns would add the unique feel that a player who is running a tavern is looking to create in their establishment. 

Comments

• Options
    This sounds like a really creative idea. One addition would be that you could also turn it off in your client if you didn't like the music someone else was playing.
  • Options
    I can remember that the Devs mentioned something of the likes in a stream a while back. Nothing in depth so far but I mind it's being discussed :3
  • Options
    I would adore this idea. I wish I had known things like this were in lotro. I always wanted something like this, but figured one had to use Macro's and I wasn't sure if you could make 1/16th notes etc. But writing it down in a separate audio file, that seems amazing to me. It would be lovely to hear some Bach, or Tchaikovsky whilst RP'ing in an inn. I may even be the one playing these things. 
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2017
    Leaders from a node to assign people to the music in bars or the streets to make them is very intresting idea :).

It can be bad but it could also mean alot.

Maybe in personal housing it could be possible.
  • Options
    Diura said:
    I can remember that the Devs mentioned something of the likes in a stream a while back. Nothing in depth so far but I mind it's being discussed :3
    I bet you would miss bard ^^
  • Options
    I too remember them saying something on Livestream about player created music.

It's a really cool thing in games, if you don't mind the fact everyone and their mom plays Darude Sandstorm constantly...
  • Options
    Yes like it's been said the devs have talked about having a system for player created music. I think it's a great idea, at least for RP and as a mini game.