Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What type of main character are you thinking of making?

Even without knowing the last two races, I will be making a Human fighter with a secondary mage ability. This will be what I am doing. So what will your plans be as of right now. Of course things can change over a year, but lets hear your ideas now.

Comments

• Options
    I usually play humanoid characters, so if the other races are orcs or cats I most likely won't play them. Maybe an alt, but surely not my main.
  • Options
    If they do a Cat race I might just make one as an alt. Outside of Elf, that would be the only one I would do as an alt. My main is always Human 1st. It's just how I roll.
  • Options
    Either one of the human or elf races. When you visit the AoC Discord you easily get the impression that every other person will be an orc or a dwarf, so those will probably not be undernumbered.
    If I were to be specific, I'd like to play a Cleric / Tank that looks like Bayonetta. So it would definitely have to be something that can look really alluring, and I can't see that happen with anything other than a human or an elf.
  • Options
    It will depend on the game really. I tend to like rogues or rangers with rogue elements, but in some games a heavy armor character or caster end up being more fun. I really don't know yet what the game will look like in 2 years so no decision made for me yet.

I do know my main will very likely be human though. If I can make a "soft" orc I may make one (an orc that looks fairly gentle and human, not a disfigured monster) as long as I can make the skin color what I want it to be. I just can't play races that are bizarrely shaped. They tend to have weird animations for everything from running to attacking and it takes away from my enjoyment of games.
  • Options
    Male human or elf as mage.
  • Options
    human necromancer  who dies on day one then play the rest of the game as a lich 
  • Options
    Undecided race, Summoner and something depending on how they work together. I like Summoner and Tamer in games where they exist, doubly so if the pet isn't a tiny % of damage.

I can't say if I'd go for Summoner/Tank, Summoner/Mage or Summoner/Cleric. It really depends on the skills and augments. Summoner/Tank might look good on paper but not do what I want it to. If we can switch secondary, then I might try them all out, too.

I'd likely make that Summoner some kind of wilderness harvesting profession. Pet classes are usually good at exploring solo for resources or just fun (besides being able to remove obstacles and stuff, you can cover an emergency escape). Would be my go to class for when I prefer soloing some (more than other classes). I liked my tamer character in Ultima Online, and a big part of the like was the independence, being able to go in tough dungeons solo (not to farm, but to see around), and fire-breathing mounts were a bonus.
  • Options
    A gentle Orc/Sub-Human with Autism that breeds animals 'cause that's his special interest, and also 'cause that means some horny human had sex with an Orc. He will live a quiet life alone on his freehold but when people mess with him he will unleash his fury, 'cause he's still an Orc. Later, he may try to own a big and tall furniture store in town and his human side will allow him to weasel out of paying taxes.   :)
  • Options
    Most likely Orcish Sword mage or something along those lines.
    Granthor said:
    Even without knowing the last two races
    Am I missing something? Or are you referring to the Tulnar?

• Options
    A cool one.
  • Options
    bard / bard human
  • Options
    DevonMeep I am basing it off what was said about the game so far mainly.
  • Options
    I'm thinking Nikua Dwarf Bard/Bard or Bard/Tank but ultimately it will depend on the cosmetic options for both dwarf types because I'd love a ginger dwarf (with a beautiful lady beard) :3
  • Options
    Probably Niküa Dwarf Tank/Tank,Tank/Fighter or Fighter/Tank depending on what the exact skills are going to be and how they augment them. My playstyle is going into the middle of the pack and cause disruption so my team can catch up and play with melee weapons. I'm not a ranged/magic fighter in general.
  • Options

I tend to make Elven characters. A summoner in my case.
    The gif is made my @Kumary  <3<3<3 

Can't use it for my sig yet, not until the forums get fixed.

• Options
    @Ariatras don't worry about that signature, you currently have the option to turn off images in signatures anyway ;) Makes the forum a lot easier to read :smiley:
  • Options
    Orc for sure

Ranger or Fighter depending on what I like the most
  • Options
    Vaelune female

Spellsword (Fighter/Mage)
  • Options
     Vek Predator, probably female.
  • Options
    My main character will be an alt.
  • Options
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure my main character will technically be an alt.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2017
    I envision a battle priest that has decided to hang up his mace, tired of war, in favor of raising a farm. That is until a time comes that I'm forced to protect whats mine....
  • Options
    Rogue - Rogue 99% sure or a Rogue - Cleric/Mage.
  • Options
    tough call for me.. I have fond memories of being a rogue stealth class or a warlock mage type. Ill likely play to level 10 on each before truly deciding.
  • Options
    Wood Elf Rogue Rogue Woodworker