Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Can you own more than one house?

2»

Comments

• ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited October 2017
    Again, that seems to be referring to freeholds specifically.
    Just as plot of land refers to freehold - since rented apartments don't have a plot of land.

Steven tends not to alt, so I'm not sure how detailed he's being when answering the questions.
    But, we need answers to questions that haven't been asked as far as I can tell.
    What are the ramifications of having alts on different servers? Are we restricted to playing on just one server?
    We can have alts on multiple servers but are account locked to citizenship only on one server?
    If we can have citizenship on multiple servers, are we account locked from having one apartment one each of those severs?

Account locking freeholds makes sense because plots of land will be a competitive resource. The in-node housing also makes some sense as there will be a limited amount that can become mansions.
    Account locking apartments doesn't make sense.
    Especially if we can have alts with citizenship in different nodes.

So, all I'm really saying is that we need some follow-up answers to truly understand. Account locked for plot of land doesn't adequately answer the question(s).
  • agreed also as you can have alts in different guilds how would they be able to use housing in a node controlled by a rival guild or sieged by guild your alt is a member off as youd be flagged just for visiting your house with an alt
  • Indi1964 said:
    agreed also as you can have alts in different guilds how would they be able to use housing in a node controlled by a rival guild or sieged by guild your alt is a member off as youd be flagged just for visiting your house with an alt

Carefully.  :p
  • We'll have to wait until Steven clarifies, but I intend to have alts on different servers, so I hope the limit on the number of freeholds is at least one per account per server. And further to that, I hope the limit on alts is also per server.
  • If you come to an European server Lex I'll give you one of mine.....I'm only little ;) I promise to keep it pipeweed free so that your ear tips don't turn yellow!
  • lexmax said:
    We'll have to wait until Steven clarifies, but I intend to have alts on different servers, so I hope the limit on the number of freeholds is at least one per account per server. And further to that, I hope the limit on alts is also per server.
    If we could have 3 more houses on a different server that opens some possibilities.  That would be nice and I would love it; but I bet it's 3 per account no matter how many servers you are on.
  • T-Elf said:
    lexmax said:
    We'll have to wait until Steven clarifies, but I intend to have alts on different servers, so I hope the limit on the number of freeholds is at least one per account per server. And further to that, I hope the limit on alts is also per server.
    If we could have 3 more houses on a different server that opens some possibilities.  That would be nice and I would love it; but I bet it's 3 per account no matter how many servers you are on.
    You need to own a house to gain citizenship to a node, so I hope that's not the case :disappointed:
  • I could understand why they might want to restrict it to account rather than server... but given some folks have enough time to dedicate to more than one server, I hope it is server based. (personally hoping for one EU, one US)
  • I guesyes, you can have a freehold and a house in the city already and a instanced house.
  • This has pretty much already been said just 3 replies above yours.

Question is whether it will be morally correct to let people claim additional houses with alts or if houses will be account based.

I am sure people will want to claim houses while nodes are small and sell them once nodes are big and start their own real estate offices, but considering real houses (non-instanced and not freeholds) are very limited, it wouldn't be fair for a handful of persons to claim most of them.
  • Houses v Homes
    Seems certain that freeholds/houses are account based due to limited land.
    Due to citizenship - apartments/homes shouldn't be restricted by account.

But, we need to learn how the devs envision citizenship for alts.
    Especially alts on different servers.
    Looking forward to folks wheedling those details from the devs.  :p
  • Dygz said:
    Houses v Homes
    Seems certain that freeholds/houses are account based due to limited land.
    Due to citizenship - apartments/homes shouldn't be restricted by account.

But, we need to learn how the devs envision citizenship for alts.
    Especially alts on different servers.
    Looking forward to folks wheedling those details from the devs.  :p
    I can imagine that being fine tbh.
    Instanced housing being per char :P 
  • Given the Devs feelings about Instances, ie theyd rather not because of breaking immersion, do we even know if houses will be instanced?
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited October 2017
    Apartments will be instanced. Mentioned specifically, so I would take the flip side and go with in-town houses not being instanced.
    In town housing is meant to be something that is able to acquired in greater amounts as the node develops, and those that get in on the first wave will have bigger and bigger houses. These numbers are pure speculation, but imagine 8 houses available at node 3, 20 more appear at 4, 50 more at 5, and 100 more at metropolis for 178 total houses of various sizes at cap. (Once again, just pulling numbers outta my ass)
  • The in-town houses are not instanced. The apartments are instanced.