Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What Archtype are you going to play?

This is for the base archtype you choose at character creation.  Secondary combos would make for a long poll xD.

Comments

• Options
    Bard bard bard \o/
  • Options
    Is there any video of summoner? It's the easiest class to fail when comes to control mechanics.
  • Options
    If ranger will be decent and have some PvP oriented skills, then ranger.

But based on what I saw from PAX, and looking only at that, for now, I would go with mage.

Things will change as time goes by though. We will see how it goes.
  • Options
    Cleric looks good at the moment, but I want to see some gameplay of the bard and summoner before I make a decision.
  • Options
    Cleric because by experience and what I've seen, it's the role that suits me best.
  • Options
    Gothix said:
    If ranger will be decent and have some PvP oriented skills, then ranger.

But based on what I saw from PAX, and looking only at that, for now, I would go with mage.

Things will change as time goes by though. We will see how it goes.
    Basically this, but more witty and humorous.
  • Options
    All of them.  Definitely All of them.
  • Options
    summoner of course ^^ 
  • Options
    I think, likely a mage. I will probably go for a cleric secondary because healing classes are what I normally play, but I do not love the idea of the cleric from this game enough to have it as a primary. :(
  • Options
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2017
    The rogue is master of opportunity, using skill, positioning, and the environment to dish out frightening amounts of damage. In their downtime, they provide solid utility, helping their friends navigate dangers otherwise unseen

Just describes that rogues are unbeatable in good hands  >:)  <3
  • Options
    I've played a tank the most in the early years of EQ2.  I started playing a mage a couple years ago and will most likely roll a mage in AoC.
  • Options
    As much as I want to try other classes, I ultimately want to be a trade-focused pirate.  Since Rogue's are typically the most versatile in skills, it seems appropriate.

At the same time, though, I wouldn't mind playing any other class - I just have a feeling the Rogue will be the main avenue to do that.  Who knows? I might be a Fighter or a Tank in order to better protect my ship!
  • Options
    All of them.  Definitely All of them.
    All of the Elf Butts... or..?
  • Options
    I chose the fighter cause I like doing the dps business but that doesn't mean it's the only thing this class can do
  • Options
    so many bards, wow
  • Options
    Probably Ranger, but I confess Elf Butts was a contender.
  • Options
    mazh said:
    so many bards, wow

Bards are an endangered arch-type in the MMO-verse (even WoW does not have a bard class), so not surprised the presence of bard in AoC has people hyped.  I generally play bards, but so few games offer them.
  • Options
    Wow that's the most love I've seen for healers in a long time. I love the gish idea and would like to play fighter mixed with some magic class.