Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

player housing

Is player housing going to be instanced or real world?
I can name dozens of games that have instanced player housing, but i can think of just 1 (i'm sure there are more) that had real world housing - Star Wars Galaxies.

Real world seems in my opinion, the best choice, if you want increased immersion so you can walk out of your door, straight into an adventure. I don't like the instanced model, where you have to select a node, wait for it to load, do a bit of modelling and design, and only those you invite can gaze upon it's splendour.

That being said, i do not wish to see my creation and effort smashed by a wandering elite band of ogres while i am offline, nor do i want to constantly defend against player incursion....

So where does this stand??

Comments

• Options
    This has been answered over and over. Please look at https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/10158/quotebin-quotes-of-intrepid-team-from-discord#latest. I will tear some links from it just to get you started.

• Options
    Both. There are 3 different kinds of housing.
    1. Node house(not instanced): Housing in the node and get grow as a node develops
    2. Node apartments(instanced): Instanced living area in a node  
    3. Freeholds(not instanced): Plots of land around a node that players can claim and build on. 

Housing can only be attacked during a siege and for a short time after. We know you can save a template of your home so you can easily recreate it if it's destroyed.
  • Options
    Adding to what's been said 3
    • Static Homes (Node stage 3)
    • Apartments (Node stage 4)
    • Freeholds (Node stage 3)
    These are the three housing types we will have in Ashes.

Static Homes - Static Homes are restricted in quantity and become available when a Node reaches Stage 3. If you are one of the lucky ducks to buy a Static House you can watch it grow with the node and can scale up to a mansion (Stage 5)
    Pros: Close to local amenities within the node, property increases in value when node levels, better defences during a siege. Cons: No added bonus when it comes to crafting, might be difficult to sell at high Node levels, devalues if sieges are successful.

Apartments - Apartments become available when a Node reaches stage 4 - but they also require the player made government to "choose" to implement them (and to add more). These are static housing but are instanced so many players can choose to "rent/buy" housing. When the node levels I imagine the  property value/rent will scale with Node stages.
    Pros: An affordable way if having housing within the node, near local amenities and has better defence during a siege. Cons : Fixed size, rent/costs may increase when Node levels, No added bonuses when it comes to crafting.

Freeholds - Also available at Stage 3. A player will be able to purchase blueprints from npcs (multiple appearances will be available for architecture). Freeholds are placed not within the node but within the ZOI (zone of influence). There is discussion that where you locate your freehold will provide various benefits. For example location next to a river may provide a bonus to harvesting themed processing. Placing you freehold next to a "trade route" might encourage players to come visit your tavern etc
    Pros: Lots of space for you to build what you want, location bonuses for crafting/business , you can choose the architecture of your housing. Cons: Far away from local amenities, Vulnerable during a siege.
    In addition if your freehold is destroyed a template of you freehold will be saved to redecorate/rebuild your home  (details still not confirmed)
  • Options
    You can bunk with me friend :wink:
  • Options
    I bet it will be same as in Archage, you will have to pay for it or buy premium and in the end if you are not fast enough there will be no space left for you.
  • Options
    prejt said:
    I bet it will be same as in Archage, you will have to pay for it or buy premium and in the end if you are not fast enough there will be no space left for you.
    Incorrect. See attached
  • Options
    prejt said:
    Cmon, prejt... if you see that the creedo of this game is non P2W; what's the point of thinking that? Upon it's release, just pay the subcription if you can and then enjoy the great content AoC will offer.
  • Options
    All I care about is if I can have sexy parties in my house.