Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Should we be able to build a node?

Meaning, should we be able to decide where things are placed? 

Comments

• Options
    I voted only taverns and shops, because that is basically freeholds that can be placed after a node reaches stage 3 (village status).

I don't believe us players should get the ability to place nodes because:
    - who would determine and decide where a node would be?
    - I am more afraid that it will instantly turn into something awkward or trolling if the ability to place nodes goes into wrong hands.
  • Options
    I wanna see people building everything, including the snowman. Maybe city planning would be better in the hands of real life architectures or city planning engineers?

• Options
    From what Intrepid have said, the node government will have some creative freedom in deciding the node layout

• Options
    ^^^
    Best the way the devs have designed it so that we have aesthetically pleasing designs rather than ugly sprawls.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2017

The existing design pretty much covers anything.... and as stated....it is under control, unlike the free for all system.

The freehold gets close enough anyway where you can pretty much place where you like instead of certain areas and not on top of other freeholds within the ring of influence.

• Options
    I'm a mix of a few answers.
    I think that the devs have it mostly covered by the player government system at stages 3 and up, but if they were to add more control for the players, I think it should also only be at higher stages of development and there should be a limit on how much we can change the city from its original layout, otherwise it could look all derpy. 
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    The way the node system allows for the node citizens/leaders to put the buildings they desire into the town in pre-designated locations, allowing for aesthetically pleasing towns while giving some control to the players. Look at games like Ark and Conan, building everywhere just leads to trolling and unnecessary land grabbing. 
  • Options
    What if we burn a node to the ground then raise the city as a city of the dead now that would be interesting 
  • Options
    If that was a thing, it would be better to just be able to choose from a set of layouts. Complete customisation would just end in a complete mess. But I also wouldn't mind if it stayed the way it is. Either preset layouts or no customisation.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    I like having a general template based on race and type of node, BUT I don't want to see every single Kaelar city look EXACTLY the same. The Government should be able to decide where some key things will go to allow for SOME variation

I'd like a decent amount of options honestly, and having quarters of the city that are more player driven (I.E. One guild may build something along the lines of a Red light distrcit or criminal underworld, while another may build something more along the lines of a grand marketplace etc ) would be entertaining (But understandable if it couldn't work because of time restraints / player shenanigans but it'd have potential imo)
  • Options
    Only if I will be the one deciding it, and I can place lots of naked... uh wait.
    Ok, never mind.
  • Options
    There comes a point where building and placing everything is not a good option. I know there are some OCD players who will make their tavern/shop look cool but the fact is most of us are not so unless there is some auto placement/generation of features they will not happen. I would rather have a certain level of similarity than have it all be spartan becasue the shop owner didn't take the time.

Maybe a compromise would be to have auto generation but then allow players to move those items about if they wish.
  • Options
    Voted Yes, BUT.....

They would need to include RNG type node development for player placed nodes.  Meaning, based on the surroundings, the computer would generate specific events that can be unlocked at that specific node.

I think their way of doing things is the speedier route, and I think they already made up their mind.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Realize you are going to get what they have promised, and not a revamp of the system. They have a set development milestone plan in place and are planning on ticking off all those boxes on time. Just like the "Will Tulnar be able to make their own tunnels?" question, there is only so much an indie studio can throw money at without failing to deliver on time and promise. But wishing for ponies is fun, isn't it?
    Image result for kids christmas list gifs