Thank you to all who participated in our August 20 play test! If you joined in, please remember to leave your feedback and bug reports on the forums here: https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/categories/apoc-bug-reports

What i want to see

First off ill talk about the "community leaders" many of them i just plain don't like especially the semi regulars and the host from the "From the Ashes" podcast.

Now into the actual game content and in order they will be applied or effect the game. The classes should all be released on official release and no others should be added after. I also feel like they should have some sort of evasion tank or be able to augment tank to be similar to the Kung Fu Master in Blade and Soul to make it so a person that is charged with keeping aggro of the boss has an engaging experience rather than just stacking health and resist which would help with a lack of tank/frontline. 

Something that would keep the nodes in a sort of tension would be a strong affiliation with a guild and a node where a guild would be attached to a node like owning systems in EVE and a guild would engage in a guild war for the node rather than trying to destroy the node. The best way to create inter node wars would be to make it so only one node can attain the highest level on a server and having this level would give the node some sort of field boss or event rather than making it an entire levels worth better so a node could wage war without it being a "win by making it un-fun and having the other side quit" scenario

Another thing I really want to see from this game is a literal blank map, what i mean by this is that you can't see anything until you find it, like fallout, and that a skill you could have would be cartography where you can make a world map by exploring and exchanging with other people to get a complete map the reason i see this as so important is because it would slow down the early game and make node to node interaction occur in the early phase of a map/server another implication of this would be no roads in the beginning and making them would be an extension from the cartography skill. Another thing sort of related to the craftsmanship is having a pseudo ranking system where there is #1 for each category and only that person would be able to make the highest tier products and this would make it so the crafting is meaningful and forces node to node trade indefinitely.

With guilds, which i haven't really participated in so i am relying on second hand sources, they should be one guild per character. As for progression and administration the best way to have a guild skill tree would be to have two separate skill trees one based on guild population, granting access to infrastructure type upgrades,  and another based on prestige/points/influence, granting decals, emotes, and other miscellaneous things. Administration should be based on job rather than rank where they have a leader and administrators in charge of the vault and different building to keep it secure and monitored in more or less real time and no intermediate ranks with limited permissions but people with a single job and full permission Leader>Admin>Peon. I also feel that having no concrete alliances between guilds just a sort of handshake rather than anything binding in game keeping the onus on guilds to keep track of them on their own.

I feel the best way to implement combat in this game would be to have lock on and a semi combo based for all classes with reaction windows for parries, blocks, and dodges. This type of combat system makes it the most skill based which is very beneficial due to open world combat where you are attacked and you can easily acquire the other player and react to their first attack so you don't get chain CCed with no reaction. It also makes the arena more interesting and introduces the concept of getting good enough to beat some one despite having worse gear

Most importantly I don't want the game to try and build in EVE level politics and economy and let it develop on its own, trying to compete with that amount of history on release is potentially detrimental to this games growth and development

Comments

  • And ponies, lots of different colored ponies.
    Image result for kids christmas list gifs
  • Starting your post off by expressing your disdain for prominent members of our community is probably not the best way to get taken seriously.

    But Intrepid does have a plan for guilds, nodes, the economy, and the like and it sounds pretty sweet as of now and I, and everyone else who backed this game, can't wait to see their plan in action. Cartography would definitely be a welcome addition to their goals.
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2017
    Zastro said:
    Starting your post off by expressing your disdain for prominent members of our community is probably not the best way to get taken seriously.
    Firstly, while in your personal opinion some specific people are prominent, someone else can have completely different opinion.
     
    Secondly, why not? People have different opinions about different people, and not everyone must like everyone else. :)

    I'm quite sure not everyone here likes me, and that's ok.

    The fact that someone doesn't like someone else (I don't know a single person in the world that likes absolutely everybody) is by no means a sign that he shouldn't be taken seriously.

    Quite the contrary, a person who glorifies another person solely due to his position in community is more likely the one not to get taken seriously. I much prefer people that have their own opinions on the subject matter, and their opinions not guided by what other people think.

    This doesn't mean that I agree on OPs opinions, or disagree with them. It just means that he has same right to get taken as serious as any other community member.

    Thanks for your consideration.
  • I hate everybody in the forums except girls and people with accents. (American is not an accent) Oh, I also like little people, but I hate everyone else.

    I would like to see different kinds of Phoenixes and then we catch them and use the tail feathers for the Wand of Many things. Blue phoenix, red/orange phoenix, white phoenix, purple phoenix. Basically all the colors of fire. The feathers allow the wand to do different things.

    Thanks for reading, I hate you. Probably. 
  • Gothix said:
    Zastro said:
    Starting your post off by expressing your disdain for prominent members of our community is probably not the best way to get taken seriously.
    Firstly, while in your personal opinion some specific people are prominent, someone else can have completely different opinion.
     
    Secondly, why not? People have different opinions about different people, and not everyone must like everyone else. :)

    I'm quite sure not everyone here likes me, and that's ok.

    The fact that someone doesn't like someone else (I don't know a single person in the world that likes absolutely everybody) is by no means a sign that he shouldn't be taken seriously.

    Quite the contrary, a person who glorifies another person solely due to his position in community is more likely the one not to get taken seriously. I much prefer people that have their own opinions on the subject matter, and their opinions not guided by what other people think.

    This doesn't mean that I agree on OPs opinions, or disagree with them. It just means that he has same right to get taken as serious as any other community member.

    Thanks for your consideration.
    Prominent is not subjective. They are well-known in the community. That is a fact. Whether or not you like them has nothing to do with their prominence. Also, i never stated i did like them, frankly, i find myself disagreeing with some of them more often than not. But, its about respect.

     By "taken seriously" I meant as a constructive member of the community. There was literally no reason for him to start off his post by expressing dislike for certain people. It had nothing to do with the topic or the rest of his post. That first sentence didn't talk about what he wanted to see, but just said what he didn't like. It was out of place. Now, if his topic was "We need new 'community leaders' " then it would have been acceptable.

  • Zastro said:

    Prominent is not subjective. They are well-known in the community.

    So, infamous would also be prominent? If being well known is all it takes? (English is not my native language)
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2017
    Gothix said:
    Zastro said:

    Prominent is not subjective. They are well-known in the community.

    So, infamous would also be prominent? If being well known is all it takes? (English is not my native language)
    Yes, techincally. People generally use it in a more positive way, but it doesn't necessarily have to be positive.
Sign In or Register to comment.