Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Poll: Will you apply or avoid in-game 'Cosmetics?'

2»

Comments

• Options
    Looks, skins and cosmetics are extremely important to me. I wish to make my character look different on different occasions depending on the occasion and mood. I really do hope that Intrepid keep to their word and add a wide variety of costumes and looks to the game, catering to different styles. Also hope that they keep to their word and make these things be obtainable in-game, not only through the cash shop.
    The complete lack of costumization (in-game) was the main reason I quit BDO, didn't enjoy looking like a potato and a 100% copy of everyone else with the same class. So, I really hope Intrepid does not make the same mistake.
  • Options
    I used to not care a lot about additional cosmetics but sense I have started getting into RP I have been more interested in them
  • Options
    I used to not care a lot about additional cosmetics but sense I have started getting into RP I have been more interested in them
    The price of a good RP is your wallet  :D
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2017
    I like costmetics but I will not spend a dime on it in a subscription based game.
    Only thing I bought in a cash shop ever was Blitzcrank Cop skin in LoL (free to play game), don't regret it because it was a free game, the only place where this kind of s****tuff should exist
  • Options
    mazh said:
    I like costmetics but I will not spend a dime on it, specially on a subscription based game.
    Only thing I bought in a cash shop ever was Blitzcrank Cop skin in LoL (free to play game), don't regret it because it was a free game, the only place where this kind of s****tuff should exist
    its always nice to have it and not need it and want it but not have it 
  • Options
    It would have to be the type of cosmetics that I can apply to a male to make him look like hes rugged/torn up from war.
    Or just a general badass.

• Options
    nagash said:

Or an extremely vivid imagination
  • Options
    Well i will definitely be 'applying' my KS rewards, other than that it really depends on what they look like if they will be worth buying.
  • Options
    nagash said:

Or an extremely vivid imagination
    that helps as well ^^
  • Options
    ........Trying to Blend in with nature has left me free of cosmetics......................
  • Options
    not buying any of them until the game releases or maybe after alpha 1. 

still very skeptical~
  • Options
    Its already P2P , why have a Cash Shop ? in-game, i want to discover & earn everything there is in Ashes of Creation - as it should be 
  • Options
    Vanity Hoarders FTW
  • Options
    Complete and total cosmetic junkie.  It's worse that a gambling habit.  I like playing dress-up.  It's ridiculous, but I'll even buy pieces I don't particularly like because I'm a completionist.  Must have it all!
  • Options

Cosmetics are definitely important to me.

The longer my beard the greater my smile.

• Options
    The most money I've ever spent on a game is Dota 2, a free to play game that ONLY sells cosmetics. I love cosmetics, and I hate them giving ingame advantages, but if I have to, I'll get that as well, just like I did in Black Desert. Cosmetics make your character your own, gear is often only picked for the stats and can result in bizarre combinations. I will be getting myself a town outfit most certainly, for the whole sake of immersion. I play a game for the gameplay, but I buy skins for when I can't get to my limit. Having a bad day? Time for some chilled RP/fooling around with the boys.
  • Options
    I will collect all cosmetic free or cash shop. 
  • Options
    if its cool imma buy it.
  • Options
    The following comment should fully inform you of my position on the subject....
    Ooooooohhhhhhhh sparklies! Ooooh new clothes!
    What Do You mean I don't need that costume now.... ? what do you mean it's ugly?you're right, but if I roll a new toon to be a blind mud loving pizza junkie, that'd be perfect! 

Creating the perfect dress for the character is part of the game for me...
  • Options
    Karthos said:
    Being objectively the most handsome man in town, I've had little use for cosmetics for anything other than to ugly myself up a bit so the ladies will stop hounding me. 

So yea, I will use them for that reason. 

Also, I am not delusional. Who ever says otherwise is a communist.
    I agree 100% You are my handsome little man!!
  • Options
    Karthos said:
    Being objectively the most handsome man in town, I've had little use for cosmetics for anything other than to ugly myself up a bit so the ladies will stop hounding me. 

Go away mom!
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Oh my! @MrsKarthos, it is an absolute pleasure to meet you! I'm sure that you yourself will have absolutely no need for cosmetics to carry off style with elegance and flair!
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    I like a little dose realism with my fantasy that fits the setting.  I want my characters outfit to help with immersion so "cosmetics" that help complete a ranger's set of armor look like, well, a ranger's set of armor; quivers, cloaks, different types of bows or other wardrobe items absolutely. Similarly varying shield skins, types of plate mail for a warrior.

I don't want to run around a world populated by Harajuku girls and Rockabilly boys.

Cosmetics which help establish or support the game aesthetic such as pointing out the difference between Dunir and Nikua as set pieces absolutely.

Edit -

That doesn't mean the only cool pieces should have to be bought in an online shop either.. That really chaps my.. ahem... when you get nothing but mundane costumes due to drops and crafting and really ornate stuff gets stashed behind a pay wall.
  • Options
    Karthos said:
    Karthos said:

Go away mom!
    I thought she was your wife.
  • Options
    You weren't alone in making that assumption @Dolphin.... after all why would someone be married to their own Mum.... 
    Unless Karthos is a surname.... in which case, what's your firstname Karthos?
  • Options
    Megs said:
    You weren't alone in making that assumption @Dolphin.... after all why would someone be married to their own Mum.... 
    Unless Karthos is a surname.... in which case, what's your firstname Karthos?
    Junior Eugene Karthos III , I imagine.
  • Options
    I enjoy character customisation, I don't however like cash shops in games other than freemium/f2p games. So that being said i will avoid cosmetics/skins sold separately to the Subscription payment model suggested by intrepid studios. This is just my personal stance on the game industry as a whole however and not specific to Intrepid.

• Options
    I'm a sucker for customization so if cosmetics were put in the store then I would most likely buy them, but I also hope that said cosmetics can be accessed ingame.