Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Hello everyone I hope this is the one that gets it right

ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
edited October 2017 in The Newly Arrived
Like I imagine many of you I have been waiting for a great MMORPG.  I've been burned by few so I don't plan on investing much if anything before release.  Anyway my fingers are crossed.

Comments

• Options
    Welcome @ChaosBeer! If you feel burning here it's probably the coal on the hype train. Grab a shovel!
  • Options
    Welcome @ChaosBeer. Thanks for joining our awesome community :smiley:
  • Options
    ChaosBeer said:
    Like I imagine many of you I have been waiting for a great MMORPG.  I'm been burned by few so I don't plan on investing much if anything before release.
    I'm a RPG player from way back and moved into MMORPGS when Runequest came out and have played a dozen or so since. All have fallen short of what they promised in one way or another. The Ashes of Creation team is made up of  real long term gamers who desire the same from an mmorpg that we do. They're not corporate hacks just interested in the bottom line. This gives me the hope to believe they will achieve everything they have set out to do and more. Sure some things may not be fully fleshed out before launch but we can believe where ever this happens the patches to come will fill any gaps remaining. If I had known about the kick-started or crowd funding campaigns I would have gladly funded this adventure as much as my wallet would have aloud. But alas I must the first and found out about the other only days before it ended and my wallet would remain thin untill after it ended. Though I lament this misfortune I will still support this effort in any way I can even if it's just here on this site and forums. I look forward to playing AoC for many years to come and am sure it will become everything IS has promised and more.  PAX...
  • Options
    Hello @ChaosBeer o/ and welcome to the community smile
  • Options
    Enjoy some tea with us while we await the arrival of our hopeful savior. Ashes. May the sandal gods bless you with your own pair of sandals.

• Options
    Welcome to the forums :)
  • Options

Welcome to our community! o/
  • Options
    Welcome to the community. I hope you have fun on the forum.
  • Options
    Welcome @ChaosBeer! How did you come up with that name?
  • Options
    Grisu said:
    Enjoy some tea with us while we await the arrival of our hopeful savior. Ashes. May the sandal gods bless you with your own pair of sandals.

welcome to ashes where the tea around here is great and so is the community

• Options
    *Ponders* theoretically if a chaos butterfly flaps its wings in Norway it can cause a hurricane in Kenya.... how would chaos beer work...losing time and ending up I'm unusual unexpected places is already the skill of normal beer....hmmm will keep me awake for days i think.

*passes @ChaosBeer some @chaospeanuts to help soften the teleportation onboard the hype express*

Welcome!
  • Options
    @Chaosbeer Thanks for stopping by, we all have our fingers crossed on this one.
  • Options
    Welcome to the community @ChaosBeer! We have all been burned that is why most are here. If you are skeptical about Ashes I recommend you follow closely because that skepticism will soon turn to hype. Believe me the hype is real!
  • Options
    Welcome @ChaosBeer! How did you come up with that name?

I use Captain Chaos in World of Warships from cannonball run movie.  In MMORPG's I often used something beer as my account name.  That started a long time ago when trying to come up with a name and looking in my hand, lol.   All my alts were something beer and got a lot of positive feedback so it stuck. 

Thanks for asking though

• Options
    @ChaosBeer You and I both my friend. 
  • Options
    Megs said:
    *Ponders* theoretically if a chaos butterfly flaps its wings in Norway it can cause a hurricane in Kenya.... how would chaos beer work...losing time and ending up I'm unusual unexpected places is already the skill of normal beer....hmmm will keep me awake for days i think.

*passes @ChaosBeer some @chaospeanuts to help soften the teleportation onboard the hype express*

Welcome!
    Oh that's easy it's when your healer finds a way to cast a buff that winds up glitching the game right before the boss dies allowing it to wipe the group when they almost had it.