Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Weapon Bar

After playing GW2 for some time I have found myself enjoying the different weapon skill bars that the game offers. So when a person uses different weapons they truly feel like they are using a different weapon. I feel AoC should implement in the same or a similar system. I did play at Pax and enjoyed what the system offers currently but it would improve the Immersion to say the least if when you carry a large two handed maul it felt like you were Reinhardt from Overwatch.

I hope you have and will consider this system.

Comments

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited October 2017
    Currently i think it's been said that it only affects your 1 ability but there has also been some mention of a weapon progression system. Not sure what we get from it.

Ability builds are a thing in this game so even if we don't have it tied to the weapon, you could still make a Reinhardt style build by picking the abilities that match that playstyle. If anything, this system gives you more freedom then gw2 because you can choose the abilities that fit your reinhardt build rather then the devs doing that for you. 

• Options
    There has been mentions (can't point to direct source) that some skills will require specific weapons, so this could very well be a thing (in a limited way).
    Or, in my theory, some skills could possibly have slightly different effects based on weapon type in use.
    And yes, what weapon you use changes the 'Weapon Type' specific skill you have.
  • Options
    I don't think this needs to be done in such a dramatic way. The weapon-exclusive skills probably just refer to some skills making no sense without a specific weapon equipped (shield break with a blunt weapon for example), but otherwise not directly interfere with skill selection. Since there will be a weapon tree of some sorts (at least in some way as described at pax) I might very well be wrong though, but I'd hope that if I want, I can still choose to use a sword and board on my bard, rather than being restricted to instruments to have all the power in supporting my allies.
  • Options
    Ruby437 said:
    I don't think this needs to be done in such a dramatic way. The weapon-exclusive skills probably just refer to some skills making no sense without a specific weapon equipped (shield break with a blunt weapon for example), but otherwise not directly interfere with skill selection. Since there will be a weapon tree of some sorts (at least in some way as described at pax) I might very well be wrong though, but I'd hope that if I want, I can still choose to use a sword and board on my bard, rather than being restricted to instruments to have all the power in supporting my allies.
    You most likely only have to fit out your action bar with skills that do not require an instrument (if that will be a weapon type) etc :P