Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Hello, been hearing some buzz, thought I'd check it out.

I've been gaming since before DnD, though we didn't call it gaming way back in the dark ages. We read books, and reading wasn't enough, we wanted to live it, so we made up our own games. When DnD came out, it cut down on the fighting over rules, somewhat. For a while I was an avid MUD player, even did a little coding (they sent me a packet, I followed instructions). When my kids were little I stuck to single player or tabletop when we could get a crew together. I've been playing Archeage for the past few years, and have been wanting some new challenges. This looks really promising. 

I've never been an Alpha or Beta player. I'm not sure how that works. When can the game be played? I'm trying to figure out if I want to buy a package and give it a whirl, or is there a way to have a looksee before paying? Pardon me if these questions have very obvious answers, and just point me in the right direction. :)

Comments

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited October 2017
    The first anyone can play is Alpha 0. Alpha 0 starts on December 15th this year but is only available to those who won a key. However, Alpha 1 will be available sometime next year, no confirmed date yet. 

If you want to look at what the game is like currently in Pre Alpha you can look at the pax demo here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJ7fVz4HfIE

Edit: This may be a better PvE video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrQ8JBxUtT8
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited October 2017
    Thanks for becoming a part of our awesome community @Kathrann :smiley:

The game is in pre-alpha right now. The first alpha release (under NDA) is December 15th this year (more info on how to get this).

You can buy in to alpha 2 and beta 2 on the store right now. The release dates for these haven't been confirmed yet (info on the release dates). 

Looking forward to seeing you around the forums and discord.

Edit: Awesome to have another DnD player among us! There are quite a few in the community and among the devs, including Steven himself. I started and stopped in 2e, so I've forgotten much, but maybe we could all get together one day and run some campaigns :blush:
  • Options
    Welcome to ashes! A lot of videos can be found on YouTube and they live stream on twitch. About playing the game you need a key which they do random drawings every week for them. You can find more information on the forums about the drawings.
  • Options
    Hello and a very warm welcome to the Ashes Community <3
  • Options
    Welcome happy to see this game is attracting lots of different types of gamers, from and types of games! GL on a drawing so far unless your lucky the only sure fire way is to buy into alpha 2. Check out the aocwiki below to browse though all the current and past info so far released on Ashes.

http://aocwiki.net/Main_Page -Comprehensive guide to Ashes of Creation.
    http://imperiumaoc.com/ -Ashes of Creation Guild.
  • Options
    Welcome aboard the Ashes hype train!   Good luck in winning a key to Alpha 0!
    If you aren't aware,  Alpha is a chance to see the game as it's being developed and though we all want that chance to play, it is a time for testing and determining what needs to be fixed through player input.  
  • Options
    Welcome @Kathrann ! ^^
  • Options
    hello @Kathrann and welcome to ashes of creation 
  • Options
    Welcome to the community. I hope you have fun on the forums.
  • Options
    Welcome to the community :)
  • Options
    Welcome @Kathrann ! :)
  • Options
    Howdy @Kathrann
  • Options
    Welcome to the community @Kathrann!
  • Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome! Generally I play healer. I've tried to go dps but it never lasts long. I'd like to get a taste of the game to see how and where I want to play, then find a good guild, and give it a whirl. Will this game have naval battles, or just land?

• Options
    Hello @Kathrann o/ and welcome to the community smile
  • Options

Welcome to the community @Kathrann! Hope you enjoy the ride on the hype train!

PS - Did I tell you I have a new ringtone?

• Options
    Welcome to the community @Kathrann!
  • Options
    Kathrann said:
    Thanks for the warm welcome! Generally I play healer. I've tried to go dps but it never lasts long. I'd like to get a taste of the game to see how and where I want to play, then find a good guild, and give it a whirl. Will this game have naval battles, or just land?

Yay, healer here too!
    For a taste of the game without paying a couple of hundred dollars right now, it is sadly only pot luck. Ie through the key lotteries or (prize unknown) the video contest.

After launch it will only be monthly subscription, so hopefully won't be too expensive, but I'm sure that the more you hang about, the more opportunities there will be to get a key \ access to an alpha \ beta.

As to naval battles, ocean content was one of the stretch goals of the kickstarter, and a lot of people already are planning on being pirates and interrupting sailing caravans etc :smile: 

But no actual details as yet 

welcome!
  • Options
    Glad you decided to check it out, welcome!
  • Options
    Welcome to the community! @Kathrann