Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Buyable guildhalls/guildhouses

ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
edited October 2017 in Ashes of Creation Design
Could there be buyable guildhalls and -houses? They could contain like a guildbank, a guildstore, a guild tavern for roleplay reasons and etc. and would just look great from the outside. They would could be available in the town level nodes and by every node level up would get a lot fancier. Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    I'd prefer Guild Halls to be available based on guild ranking or siege results, instead of buying them.
    Eventually instanced guild halls that can be rented for a weekly fee and open world halls for the highest ranked guilds only.
  • Options
    @Jamboiii @FliP well based on the Kickstarter and summer campaign awards. There are different cosmetic appearances for a guildhall. Indicating that they probably can be changed or built differently. 
  • Options
    I'd guess IS will make it available for all the guilds, as they already stated that they don't want to discriminate small guilds.

That said, I would add some extra cosmetic fancies that successful guilds could win and display in their guild halls.
  • Options
    I hope so because I need somewhere to put all my KS stuff lol. I hope there'll be plenty of trophies also so that guilds can have bragging rights for PvE and PvP.
  • Options
    In an old MMO I played long ago, you could add features to your guild house/hall with a certain currency you got from the guild ranking event.

I'd say give a hall to everyone, but you'll have to put work into it to get all the features. For instance, you could have a blacksmith with increased linking chance, vendors that sell all kinds of consumables necessary for all kinds of activites, maybe some unlockable crafting stations. Basically, a hub for guild members to prepare for their adventures.
  • Options

That should be something a guild can purchase with in game resources which are earned.

• Options
    FliP said:
    I'd prefer Guild Halls to be available based on guild ranking or siege results, instead of buying them.
    Eventually instanced guild halls that can be rented for a weekly fee and open world halls for the highest ranked guilds only.
    I like the idea of buying them, what if you are a merch guild? 
  • Options
    Could it not be a combination of guild rank + purchasing? There you could say that a guild would need the prestige of being established in Verra and also the means to acquire a Guild Hall. Also, you could unlock different areas within your guild hall or build extensions to your Guild Hall as you rank further. These unlocks would work something like housing in SWTOR where you'd begin with a mansion and end up with a palace sized home for your guild.   
  • Options
    I actually like the way Bioware did the housing in SWTOR. Probably "the" only thing I liked apart from levelling.
  • Options
    Why buy them when you can conquer them?
  • Options
    Better yet, burn them down.
    Image result for burn baby burn gif
  • Options
    why build when you can renovate mausoleums