Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Question about Spell/Action Timing Windows

Although I really like the idea of timing casts for higher success/damage/crit chance, I am worried about implementation.

It seems like I would eventually lose focus on the action and instead tunnel into watching that bar. I can't imagine that I'm the only one thinking about this, does anyone know how this will be implemented or do we have information on what it is planned to be closer to release?

Comments

• Options
    Many share the same concern and have expressed it on the forums.

Intrepids response was that this is probably just 30% of the actual combat system and that it will be improved. In a live stream they also said that if the community does not like the slider how it is used now, they might change its use in a way that is more fun and accepted by the community.

So I guess it is currently nothing to worry about, as combat is still being worked on.
  • Options
    FliP said:
    Many share the same concern and have expressed it on the forums.

Intrepids response was that this is probably just 30% of the actual combat system and that it will be improved. In a live stream they also said that if the community does not like the slider how it is used now, they might change its use in a way that is more fun and accepted by the community.

So I guess it is currently nothing to worry about, as combat is still being worked on.
    100% agree. Intrepid have taken the feedback onboard and will continue to evolve the system. 
  • Options
    You aren't the only one concerned, but...
    You really need to play it before becoming too worried about it.
    And, the plan is for it to be highly customizable for each player, so...
    You'll be able to change the shape of the bar and move it where-ever you prefer it on the screen.
  • Options
    Yep, I too share your concern @Jebporkins but I agree with @Dygz that without playing it, I'm going to be open minded about it. I dare say the combat will evolve more than any aspect of the game from when Alpha 0 starts in December to launch. At this point, keep the faith. :)
  • Options
    Good Good, I'm happy to hear that the developers are taking the community feedback and are willing to work with us. Being still fairly new to the AoC family I hadn't seen much about that specifically yet but I'm still working through all the resources :)