Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Cynic looking for hope

This looks like a fabulous game, but the cynic in me has seen fabulous future games before that didn't happen. Will I be pleasantly surprised here?

I'm a veteran MMO player and tester with ca. 17 years of experience playing many, many different games. Haven't played any in the last few years after getting tired of the same old, same old. Was particularly active in and on the forums of Anarchy Online, LOTRO, SWG, City of Heroes, and others.

Obviously this could change many times, but are they currently looking at a late 2018 launch date?

Scorus

Comments

• Options
    First, off I must say welcome to ashes of creation ^^
    As for the launch date, we have no idea as of yet but the consensus is late 2018 early 2019, but as its, a MMO that might and probably will change. All we can do is wait and enjoy the hype train ^^

• Options
    Welcome to the community :)
  • Options

Welcome to our community!

• Options
    It sounds like you're here for the same reasons as the rest of us. :)

I know the feeling of being let down by the hype of games,  but this time it feels different. I know,  eye-roll moment right, but it just does.

Welcome to the forums,  it's gonna be a long wait,  but it will be worth it. 
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited October 2017
    Welcome @Scorus to the community! Personally I think launch will be closer to 2020 but Alpha 0 starts this December. I've been playing MMOs since 1999 and backed this game in KS because of the confidence I have in Intrepid. I can only speak for myself, but my confidence in the work IS are doing has steadily increased and it's thanks to some great sources. Here are some you might like to look at and hopefully It'll let the cynic in you rest for a while :)

Recent livestreams

Livestream archives

The Odyssey

Dungeon Crawler Network

Ashen Foundry

DeathsProxy videos

AoC Wiki

• Options
    If you're looking for hope, you're definitely in the right place.

Welcome to the community.
  • Options
    Welcome to our community!  Many of us are long time gamers stemming back to 1999 and beyond looking for what has been long lost in gaming.  We believe we may have found it in Ashes.   Happy to have you join us on the hype train! The journey will be easier as we get to know each other in anticipation of what promises to be a great game!
  • Options
    Hello and a warm welcome to the Community. I do hope that AoC will exceed expectation rather than fall short =)
  • Options
    Welcome @Scorus! ^^
  • Options
    Welcome aboard . 
  • Options
    Welcome @Scorus! A MMO veteran like yourself should fit in just fine around here :smiley:
  • Options
    Welcome @Scorus! Glad to have someone with experience.
  • Options
    Welcome to the community @Scorus we are all here with the same hopes, dreams, and desires. From what I've seen on YouTube Facebook, and Discord IS is going to get it right...call me an optimist however, the people in charge of the development of AoC are all long time MMORPG'ers with decade's of experience and the same dissatisfaction with the status of MMOs currently...that's why I'm so sure it will be everything we are hoping for and more...
  • Options
    I'm cynical too! You are in good company here though!!
  • Options
    Welcome @Scorus!
  • Options
    Welcome to the party, BYOB!
  • Options
    Welcome to the community. I hope you have fun on the forum.
  • Options
    I am right there with you but im pretty sure AoC is going to be different, and different will e good as I have way too many days of played time on wow (over 500 days on just 2 characters..... last xpac I had every class at max level).
  • Options
    Welcome aboard @Scorus!
  • Options
    *prepares testing checklists to welcome @Scorus to the community*
    Welcome!
    There's a fresh wind blowing into the digital world and many of us are hoping just like yourself, that it's going to blow the same old, same old out of the world completely!
    :smiley:

• Options
    Welcome! I'm doing my best to not get all worked up about this game. Been burned by hype trains too much recently, but like you, looking to hope for the best with this one.
  • Options
    Image result for all aboard the hype train gif
  • Options
    Welcome! Enjoy the journey!