Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Greetings all

Just registered after reading up a bit on AoC and must say that I get a really good feeling from this game. Which i rarely do.

I have seen some posts here that full release will be around end of 2018 to start of 2019.

How have the developers planned this? will there be alpha and beta beforehand and then a total wipe right before full release?

Or will there be any incentive besides trying out the game? Like keeping some progress, Getting in to the full game before the full release and get a little ahead and so on?

Thanks beforehand

Comments

• Options
    Listrell said:

Just registered after reading up a bit on AoC and must say that I get a really good feeling from this game. Which i rarely do.

I have seen some posts here that full release will be around end of 2018 to start of 2019.

How have the developers planned this? will there be alpha and beta beforehand and then a total wipe right before full release?

Or will there be any incentive besides trying out the game? Like keeping some progress, Getting in to the full game before the full release and get a little ahead and so on?

Thanks beforehand

Heya @Listrell and welcome to Ashes :love: I feel the same way. I think this game has some great potential.

Yes, release is estimated to be "before 2020". There will be several alpha and beta phases leading up to it (more info).

You can purchase early access at the store (alpha 2 and beta 2) and also be in a chance to win alpha 0 access right here in the community 

Great to meet you. Looking forward to seeing you around the forums and discord.
  • Options
    @Lexmax already answered your questions so, @Listrell Welcome to the community, 
  • Options

Thanks for the kind welcome.

The main question still stands though

Will they do total wipe right before full release?

Will there be any incentive besides trying out the game? Like keeping some progress, Getting in to the full game before the full release and get a little ahead and so on?

• Options
    Listrell said:

Thanks for the kind welcome.

The main question still stands though

Will they do total wipe right before full release?

Will there be any incentive besides trying out the game? Like keeping some progress, Getting in to the full game before the full release and get a little ahead and so on?

Yes, there will be a total wipe prior to full release.

One incentive of early access to gain knowledge and experience with the game so you are ready to hit the ground running come release.

Another incentive is to help with testing to ensure the game runs smoothly come release :)
  • Options
    Very well then :) thanks
  • Options
    Greetings, welcome to the community.

Release is currently "scheduled" for 2020, but I expect a sooner release date, as development progress seems to be fast currently.

First Alpha starts December 15th this year, followed by 2 more Alphas next year and 2 betas most likely in 2019.

• Options

Welcome to our community! o/
  • Options
    Hello and a warm welcome to the Community =)
  • Options
    First off welcome to the community @Listrell, if you are looking for a good source try http://aocwiki.net/Releases,
  • Options
    Welcome to the community ;)
  • Options
    Welcome to ashes ^^

• Options
    Hello @Listrell o/ and welcome to the community smile
  • Options
    Welcome aboard the Ashes hype train!
  • Options
    Welcome to the community @Listrell! It seems all your questions have been answered so I'll simply wish you all the best on the hype train. :)
  • Options
    Welcome @Listrell! ^^
  • Options
    Welcome to the community @Listrell!
  • Options
    Ahoy, I hope you've prepared your body for this amazing community!