Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Arena PvP

I got really excited when I saw there was going to be an Arena-system
(That excitement quickly dwindled away when I noticed it was like Domination)

When I'm in an Arena Battle (PvP)
I don't want to be attacking a Stationary-Wall...

*I want to be trying to Kill my Opponent in a Fight to the Death.*
[1-Life, 1-Match/Spawn, Ranking System]

Comments

• Options
    We might get that as well if we voice our opinion about it.

• Options
    There will be different styles of Arena PvP we shall see them all in time.
  • Options
    I dont hate the idea of an objective based area system. I really need to get my hands on it before I give a strong opinion. I certainly think It'll keep games from dragging out or stalemating (so long as the structures don't regain health). Even a combination of the two systems might be good. Kill the opposing team, or defeat their totem.

What worries me more is a system with too many game modes, and too many bracket sizes (1v1,2v2,3v3,5v5,8v8,20v20) to ever be balanced. We're early enough that we can do a lot testing see what works, and what doesn't. I just advise in the end we settle on 1 or 2 good solutions, and not try to appease everyone.
  • Options
    One type of arena I'd like to avoid is the kind Neverwinter had. Those were "fastest mount scores the most points" arenas.
    Either disable mounts in arenas or set movement speeds for all mounts to the same speed.

I saw that the arenas are quite spaceous, so people with faster mounts will have the ability to move to points faster and take them. Arenas should be about fighting, not horse racing.
  • Options
    I disagree with anything changing between the outside world and the Arena.  You take the skills and items you have earned into Arena.  If you don't feel like you can match up because other people have better items or skills, then you should get out into the world and earn your way.  One thing I've learned from my Arena experiences is that level and items matter much much less than skills and/or teamwork.  So if you are against a player who has time and luck but no skill, your skill sans gear should beat them.  And if you want to dominate, learn the skills, teamwork, and put in the time and work.  No game system should make a decision that should diminish those qualities.  In the end it's really skill vs skill.  Nerfing my items when I enter an Arena would just be annoying and break immersion.
  • Options
    "..."
    What worries me more is a system with too many game modes, and too many bracket sizes (1v1,2v2,3v3,5v5,8v8,20v20) to ever be balanced. We're early enough that we can do a lot testing see what works, and what doesn't. I just advise in the end we settle on 1 or 2 good solutions, and not try to appease everyone.
    Games are never balanced anyways.
    U will always have Meta picks for certain game modes.
    I.e Range Classes are often stronger in Battlegrounds and Mass fights but bad in Arena and for Melees its the other way arround ( good in Arena and bad in Battlegrounds)
    If u play Range Class in Arena the Game might be unbalanced but overall its still balanced

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited October 2017
    Undeadfred said: "I dont hate the idea of an objective based area system. I really need to get my hands on it before I give a strong opinion. I certainly think It'll keep games from dragging out or stalemating (so long as the structures don't regain health). Even a combination of the two systems might be good. Kill the opposing team, or defeat their totem."

NO!!! Save attacking Walls for Sieges, Save Re-spawns for Battlegrounds...,
    (You'll have plenty of time to attack Walls in World PvP while storming a Metropolis) 

Arena should be-
    Ranked ~ "PvP" ~ Skill-oriented
  • Options

(PvE) Player vs Environment in a Arena
  • Options
    I got really excited when I saw there was going to be an Arena-system
    (That excitement quickly dwindled away when I noticed it was like Domination)

When I'm in an Arena Battle (PvP)
    I don't want to be attacking a Stationary-Wall...

*I want to be trying to Kill my Opponent in a Fight to the Death.*
    [1-Life, 1-Match/Spawn, Ranking System]
    I think there will be classic arenas and objective based ones.

Lets hope so :)
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited October 2017
    Fleelix said: I think there will be classic arenas and objective based ones.
    Too-many Arena Brackets will diminish the "Ranking System"
    (Have as many types of Battlegrounds as you can possibly conceive) 

-Blizzard devastated their Raid-content and then destroyed their Arena-system;
    Because adding Ranked-Battlegrounds rendered Arena "Pointless"

• Options
    #1.)  EQ2 had a great system of skills do X in pve, and Y in pvp.  Then you can balance accordingly without screwing people who may do one aspect of the game, but not the other.

#2.)  Arenas and objective pvp should be 2 separate things in my opinion.  If you're going to do Ranked Objective pvp, that's fine...but please god give us a separate queue/system/ladder for deathmatch arenas.  I want to chain queue 3v3.  I may occassionally do some 8v8 battleground stuff, but when I've got 3-5 guys on, we don't want to do battlegrounds necessarily.