Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Call to Arms

Players should be able to link there account to their Smart-phone.
Since events trigger randomly and sieges could happen when you least expect it.
Players ought to receive Alert-Notifications on their Phone- Warning them of incoming attacks.

*I don't wanna log-in only to find my Home Destroyed knowing I could of done something about-it.

The City Keep is Under-Attack!!!
[Hero we need your Help!]

Comments

• Options
    Sieges don't happen spontaneously, they take a few days to start so as to give ample time for both sides to prepare. So unless you are gone for a week or more you won't unexpectedly login to have your house destroyed.
  • Options
    Sieges have a declaration period lasting days, not minutes. So if you were that worried about your housing, a daily check would be adequate. In game events such as Monster Coin events have no impact on housing. So once again, no crisis.
  • Options

I like my sleep too much for that kind of app ;)

• Options
    This sounds like torture.

"Hey look what's going on while you're stuck at work for another 5hrs!!!"
  • Options
    "Sorry honey, I know you wanted to meet for a nice dinner to discuss our relationship and how I can spend more time with you, but I have to go. My virtual house may come under attack, and we know which is more important to me."
  • Options
    Players should be able to link there account to their Smart-phone.
    Since events trigger randomly and sieges could happen when you least expect it.
    Players ought to receive Alert-Notifications on their Phone- Warning them of incoming attacks.

*I don't wanna log-in only to find my Home Destroyed knowing I could of done something about-it.

The City Keep is Under-Attack!!!
    [Hero we need your Help!]
    Sieges have declaration time.
    5 days for Stage 6 etc
    meaning Siege is declared and happens 5 days later at a time that is convenient for most. (most likely 5 to 9pm or around there)
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited October 2017
    meaning Siege is declared and happens 5 days later at a time that is convenient for most. (most likely 5 to 9pm or around there)

Actually the quote is more along the lines of "variable time windows, so as not to give and advantage to one time zone over another." So while you know when  the siege will occur so you can plan and organize your troops, you will not have control over when it exactly "pops."

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited October 2017
    "That is appopriate for the server's location."
    I interpret that as "sometime after most have gotten off of work" and/or "the most active period of day" kind of thing :P 
    that was all I meant by 5-9 :P 

Thanks for providing the quote tho ^^
  • Options
    I typically get notifications on my phone from Discord and/or twitter friends.
  • Options
    "Sorry honey, I know you wanted to meet for a nice dinner to discuss our relationship and how I can spend more time with you, but I have to go. My virtual house may come under attack, and we know which is more important to me."
    This post sums me up tbh.

But I don't get what people have against this idea. If you don't want notifications, turn them off. Even if it takes a couple of days until the siege starts, you'd know that your guild might start planning its strategy that evening and you get an excuse when you discuss with your partner who cooks dinner tonight and you really can't be bothered.
  • Options
    It would be nice to have some transparency as to which server-events are likely to happen on "X" day and "Y" Time~ I'd wanna be on a Server that has it's Events on Monday or Mornings as I work nights and wouldn't fit into the 5pm-9pm window.
    If a siege happens at say 12pm-3pm eastern time that would be 9am-12pm my time and would be ideal for "Me" (I'm sure others have different schedules)

*Which is why Server verity is essential IMO
    (Thanks for the feed- back #Informative)
  • Options
    I support the idea of having an app, at least for something, or like alert like OP said and stuff. Or like mini game to contribute to your own game while you're away computer to waste some time in recess instead of Candy Crush, Pokemon, ClashOfClans. In a place where human communication is limited, it could come in handy.
  • Options
    Welcome to the Ashes community. 
    As others have mentioned,  sieges aren't spontaneous and sprung on you out of no where.  Declarations of war give both the offense and defense time to plan and prepare.   
  • Options
    all the memes
  • Options
    I like the idea of an event log. Not just sieges, but other significant world events. An automatic news wire. 

Also, the idea of  calling servers West Coast, or East Coast, or Central, even if they are all in one data center. The purpose being to get players in their time zone together, so that it is always primetime on your server.