Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

How will small businesses work in the Node?

I'm new to the forum so this question might've already been answered so forgive me if it has. What mechanics will be in place for player run stores? Will there be ones on guild level and on a player personal level, say like a small tavern vs a large one in a metropolis? Also, would I be able to split ownership of my tavern with someone else since I can't possibly be logged in at all times to serve patrons?  This can also apply to general stores, food stands, gem shops, and smiths.

Thank you for your time and I appreciate your patience! 

Comments

• Hi @Kalkaz and welcome :)

There is obviously limited information available at this time but I'll share some knowledge with you about the market place. There will be a number of stalls equal to the development of the node in a marketplace setting. There will be a user interface which looks like a town center billboard and lists the current items being sold in the stalls and their locations. You won't be able to  purchase from that UI, only the location of the stall the item is in. This will help prevent players having to go to every single stall to find out what’s available.

The stalls will visually update based on what’s being sold. You’ll have classes of items. If you listed that class of item you’ll have a generic type of that item appear on the stall. So if you are listing potions you’ll have some random looking potions on the stall. If you’re listing a sword, there will visually be a sword located on the stall. Guards will punish any violations, but will not have a hard “no combat" stance in the area. Intrepid want to be a little bit less proscriptive and a little bit more laissez faire about the marketplace. If griefing becomes a problem during testing they’ll take a look at it and things will be subject to change. The split ownership I believe is still being discussed. In regards to room rentals, there will be player owned inns, you're correct. Parlor games will only be played in player built taverns or in node taverns. There will be a cut the house takes from the game, that goes to the owner or node.

• Thank you!  That answers a lot of the questions I had!
  • Kalkaz said:
    I'm new to the forum so this question might've already been answered so forgive me if it has. What mechanics will be in place for player run stores? Will there be ones on guild level and on a player personal level, say like a small tavern vs a large one in a metropolis? Also, would I be able to split ownership of my tavern with someone else since I can't possibly be logged in at all times to serve patrons?  This can also apply to general stores, food stands, gem shops, and smiths.

Thank you for your time and I appreciate your patience! 
    Just to add to Kratz's answer.
    If governments of Nodes build Markets (which becomes available at a later Stage, I think it was Stage 4 or 5), you can rent a stall from the Node for payment, for a certain time, and sell items in it.
    You can, on your Freehold, build an Inn for instance where you can serve food etc for visitors. Based on that, you might (not confirmed at all) be able to open shops on your freehold for other things too, like a Smithy etc. Not sure tho since its not been mentioned.