Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Status Effects

So this is a two part topic.
1. What kind of status effects do you think we will see in Ashes?
2. What do you think the status effects should do that they do not in most other games?

For example, Blind. Blind should make the screen (except the UI) of a player black. So he can't see anything.
Confused could for example make you see illusions, make you see allies as enemies and vice versa, or just make you attack the closest character/mob. Or just screw up your contols. 

Besides that I think we will see the normal Status Effects
Poison, Burn, Paralyzed, Stun, Silenced, Blind, Confusion, Charmed, Frozen, Feared 

Comments

• Disarm. I really love how Wildstar implemented the disarm effect. Whenever you were disarmed your weapon would be unusable for a few seconds, but you could reduce the time by finding and "picking up" a replica of your weapon that spawns somewhere around you. Being disarmed also made it so you couldn't use your weapon abilities.
  • Didn't even think of disarm. That should be a thing :P 
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited October 2017
    In addition to what you guys have stated I’d like to see weather status effects. If you’re in a heavily snowing area that you’re stats are affected until you find a fire and warm up. If it’s pouring with rain then maybe you get some small run debuff because you’re so heavy from being soaked through. Seeing that the seasons are likely to play a part in many facets of the game, I think this could work. :)
  • Yh I'd love that too
    not warm clothes in winter, cold debuff
    If gets too cold, you start loosing health etc, might become Frozen would be fun too :P 
  • Ziltch said:
    Yh I'd love that too
    If gets too cold, you start loosing health etc, might become Frozen would be fun too :P 
    For an extra thrill, you will stay frozen until someone heats you up. And when you're the least liked person on the server, tough luck buddy, better make a new character.

But to be a bit more serious: I'm always a fan of armour-breaking effects that lower your defense. I would like to see that as well.
  • Ziltch said:
    Yh I'd love that too
    For an extra thrill, you will stay frozen until someone heats you up. And when you're the least liked person on the server, tough luck buddy, better make a new character.

But to be a bit more serious: I'm always a fan of armour-breaking effects that lower your defense. I would like to see that as well.
    Tbh I've always liked "Piercing" dmg over armor breaks, because for me it never made sense to have temp armor breaks. Like.. Did the armor magically repair itself or what? oO
  • Butthurt - if someone comes from behind and kicks you in da butt, you walk funny for next 30 minutes, or until you apply ice pack. Ice packs would be craftable, and you would need to travel to mountains to make those.