Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

So we will have legendary items what about once in a lifetime feasts by a rare ingredient drop?

Imagen the node that triggers the dragon that rises from the mountain. Ones killed the dragon may drop a item or maybe a ingredient for a special feast of food that can be cooked by a master cook.

What would that food be like and maybe what temporary buffs could it give?

I think what you eat is what you are mostly. So maybe once you eat the feast of the dragon you will have some dragonlike atributes to your abilitys.

Hit me with ideas :)

Comments

• Options
    A recipe containing super hot peppers that gives you dragon breath and enables you to spew fire for a limited period of time.
  • Options
    In my opinion, the only "one of a kind" stuff should be cosmetics. It isn't really fair for a lucky person to get that "one and only super awesome weapon" to faceroll over anyone and anything, while nobody has the chance to even get a comparable weapon in his lifetime.
  • Options
    Once in a lifetime feasts sound nice. A title, as a reward perhaps? "Consumer of Dragon Steak"

Something lasting, down the line. "Oh wow, you were with the group that slew the dragon we heard about?"
  • Options
    Ariatras said:
    Once in a lifetime feasts sound nice. A title, as a reward perhaps? "Consumer of Dragon Steak"

Something lasting, down the line. "Oh wow, you were with the group that slew the dragon we heard about?"
    I like that idea.
  • Options
    FliP said:
    In my opinion, the only "one of a kind" stuff should be cosmetics. It isn't really fair for a lucky person to get that "one and only super awesome weapon" to faceroll over anyone and anything, while nobody has the chance to even get a comparable weapon in his lifetime.
    Ashes will have legendarys that are only to be found once on a server. That may never be found on others or are unique. Legendary also doesnt mean its a facestomp weapon.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited October 2017
    Fleelix said:
    FliP said:
    Ashes will have legendarys that are only to be found once on a server. That may never be found on others or are unique. Legendary also doesnt mean its a facestomp weapon.
    Legendary just simply means one of a kind with unique aspects to it. Not OP.
    And imo, any explorer aspect that does not allow explorers to possibly find something unique might as well just scrap the exploring aspect all together. 
    They are just making Legendaries... Legendary again, instead of every single player having a Legendary, because that always made sense?

(I never understood why ppl used the Term Legendary or Unique, when EVERYONE can have it, how is that in any way unique :| )
  • Options
    My opinion was based on the assumption that legendaries would be the best possible tier and thus with the most power and stats. If that won't be the case, then I am fine with someone having a one of a kind weapon that is not BiS anyway.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    I do really like the idea of legendary items but they can not be over powered, just some ability that is different and unique but still balanced with other more commonly obtained items. I think that unique skins or an effect that will denote that item as something special.
    The idea that special events drop some sort of cosmetic item to show that you were there and participated would be a nice touch though. Say if you helped to slay a dragon you get a skin for a shield made of dragon scales, or a skin for a cloak of the same. Perhaps your weapon could give off smoke as it was touched by the dragons fire, drip poison or acid, maybe cold, would depend on the type of dragon.
    But there will be many types of zone wide events beside dragons.
  • Options
    Varkun said:
    I do really like the idea of legendary items but they can not be over powered, just some ability that is different and unique but still balanced with other more commonly obtained items. I think that unique skins or an effect that will denote that item as something special.
    If you mean Legendary skins, I do not agree. That would not make sense for me xD
    A Legendary item should be an item since it's part of the lore and history of the world :P 
  • Options
    In Guild Wars 2 there was a one-time world boss (massive kraken sea monster crab thing) when ArenaNet was still testing out giant world events - those who were lucky enough to be online some-Tuesday-3pm-thing, and were apart of killing the monster, each got a special slot bag!! Was pretty cool, but agree with others that it should only be cosmetic based or of the sort (i.e. Not game altering changes like stats). Just my two cents!! :) 
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Ziltch said:
    Varkun said:
    If you mean Legendary skins, I do not agree. That would not make sense for me xD
    A Legendary item should be an item since it's part of the lore and history of the world :P 

I mean a mixture of both actual unique items with unique abilities, the skins is more of a thing associated with taking part in a zone wide event such as killing a dragon. An actual legendary item that drops from such an event I do agree with, though I hope legendary items would require far more than just killing a dragon, IMO killing the dragon should just be the start of acquiring such an item. 
    The skin idea is more of an, I just took part in this node wide event not a legendary item as such, and perhaps a bit off topic.
  • Options
    Having access to skins based on world-wide event participation would be a really good touch. You might not have the legendary item from killing the dragon, but you have a nice skin from participating. Of course if you weren't in the battle, no skin for you.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Bro's we are talking about a meal here not legendary op items xD

A feast that a player owned inn can sell it for how long the supply/quantitiy lasted of the ingredient. For a cool buff or whatever xD Cause its a rare ingredient drop.
  • Options
    Varkun said:
    An actual legendary item that drops from such an event I do agree with, though I hope legendary items would require far more than just killing a dragon, IMO killing the dragon should just be the start of acquiring such an item. 
    The skin idea is more of an, I just took part in this node wide event not a legendary item as such, and perhaps a bit off topic.
    I don't think Legendaries can drop. Epic items can drop, but not legendaries as far as I've heard to. Legendary materials sure, but not gear. 
    You have to actually find the Legendary gears from what I've gathered, and that is my hope too :P 
    That is fine for me :P I just want Legendaries to stay Legendary instead of everyone having one. 
  • Options
    Eat a roasted dragon and have a painful fart for next two months.
  • Options
    I am not so down with being able to prepare a meal with a legendary ingredient that can then be sold. If you could make 1, maybe 3, legendary dragon steaks for yourself because you received that drop I would be ok with it. No 24hour+ buffs that prevent you from being exposed to the risk/reward factor though.
  • Options
    Gothix said:
    Eat a roasted dragon and have a painful fart for next two months.
    You can get the same effect ordering at Taco Bell
  • Options
    It could be something event-ish thing for the specific node. It'd be fun. 

Maybe it should drop Dragon Fruits. Or like thousands of 'em scattered around. Nodezens can use it make a juice which gives hp or mana. It'd be fun. 

Or it could drop some Şiş Kebap. 
  • Options
    Drop nothing special. It should be risk and chance, and a tough fight.
  • Options
    I'm often surprised at how often I have rare ingredient drops, usually every Sunday morning.