Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Meteor

So something i just thought of. What if every month in game, a meteor came down and it only lasted 5 minutes. whoever reaches the impact spot has the ability to mine an extremely rare ore from it. This ore can only be processed and crafted by the most skilled level of processers and crafters. But the resulting weapon or item is actually rather weak. The catch is that the weapon is a scaling weapon and has the potential to become a legend grade item depending on the amount of monsters you kill with it and the type of monsters you kill. 

What do you guys think?

Comments

• Options
    That would be a cool event you could have so sort of "aliens" defending the site as well ^^
  • Options
    The meteor events sounds like a good idea. To let something strange from outside the AoC world join in sometimes.
    It could also be cool to get something out of the event, maybe as you describe a crafting item or it could be a symbol that you found one :smiley:

• Options
    One could also get an achievement title of some sort.  Since a lot of those rocks are magnetic, that is where magnets would come from that could be used for compasses, esp. for ships.
  • Options
    What a pretty fun idea for a gathering event! I like it!
    Would be fun to PvP over~

Not sure I would like it being super rare materials for weapons/gear, but perhaps for cosmetic items like decorations for freeholds or costumes ^^

Got me thinking of other "gathering events"
    • Avalanche - revealing hidden deposits
    • Beach Stranding - washed up sea creatures
    • Seasonal Bloom - particular plants have a bloom season
    Would be nice to have events that support the Artisan enthusiasts xD
  • Options
    Would be nice to have surprise random events.   I like the idea of cosmetic items like decorations for freeholds or costumes dropping as @Diura mentioned.  
  • Options
    Sounds like it could be a fun event as long as it didn't happen too often. The idea of certain types of crafting mats being seasonal would also be an interesting idea, but in my opinion would add a nice sense of realism to gathering. I could imagine some not being happy as if you were unable to log in for several days you might miss a gathering season.
    Nice ideas though.
  • Options
    Sounds like RuneScape.
  • Options
    Random events that happen irregularly? Hell yeah. Could also be used to bring new stuff into the world, like new species who evolve from non-mined meteors that people didn't find.
  • Options
    T-Elf said:
    One could also get an achievement title of some sort.  Since a lot of those rocks are magnetic, that is where magnets would come from that could be used for compasses, esp. for ships.
    +++
  • Options
    This sounds cool, also, the meteor should be in a completely random zone so you don't have people camping the meteor.
  • Options
    Perhaps depending what you do with weapon, it would slowly shape up in this direction.

If you only kill bears with the weapon, it would become very efficient in killing bears... but would kind of suck for killing something else.

Weapon would slowly learn what you generally do and obtain such form to help you do this better.