Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Mount Battles!

Good idea, huh?

So, right off the bat, as a distraction/diversion type of entertainment, the mounts in Ashes should be able to fight each other in 1v1 2v2 or 3v3 battles! 

The idea is that the player can choose whichever mount he wants to fight another players and they will have a certain amount of moves they can use, just like in Pokemon.

This could be RPG styled (1 attack per turn) OR the mounts could be controlled by the player and could run around, climb, glide, sneak... what ever the skills/abilities the mount has, and use skills to damage and win. 

Mount battles will be categorized in 3 types: Huge, Medium, Small. This will make sure there are no unfair advantages upfront, although, when selecting your mount for the battle, you can choose to use any that is UNDER the height-match up.

Ex: In a Huge Mount Battle, Player 1 can choose a Huge mob but Player 2 can choose a small. Winning with a smaller mount will give you much more rewards.

(Extra stuff: At least 1 player must choose a mount from the corresponding height-match the players chose, if neither does, they won't be able to choose that height-match as rewards are given out based on height-match that is picked and then, either increases or decreases depending on if the smaller mount wins or the bigger one does.) 

Mounts can have stats. Their weaknesses, strengths, speed and the players can train these stats through various means, like fighting in battle or feeding them foods... etc!

This would give mounts much more meaning in the game besides as transportation and small damage dealing critters.

What do you think?

Comments

• Options
    Please forgive me but, I am not a fan of an Ashes Pokemon style arena, sorry.
    I think this level of detail for mounts is too much, not just for release, but also updates. Once the mounts have stats/combat-tactics/skills etc. they will be used in open world, and as of now I believe only summoners will have that option.

I think transportation via mount will be a huge part of the game since there is no confirmed fast/auto travel.

Your plan is well thought out, and something I would be interested in as a primary game by itself, but not as part of Ashes.
  • Options
    Well, don't just JETT-O STAMPU my idea out just yet. I think others will agree. And btw azamoth, my idea isn't like pokemon. Independent creativity CAN exist. Does NINTENDO own right to every monster battle type of system? No. So please, take yer lil ol' back-handerd' complimin' there and get ta' steppin'
    (@azamoth you brought out the west in me.)

• Options
    Mounts will have limited combat ability. Stats will be able to be changed due to the breeding mechanic. The 10 or so people with dragons will be able to use them in mounted combat. Will you be able to use YOUR abilities while mounted? No. These are all confirmed mechanics. Will other people besides summoners be able to have pets that level and may have limited combat function? Yes.

Are they going to divert time from the development schedule that is already quite full to add a whole separate system of arena battles for pet breeders/tamers. I will go ahead and say, keep wishing.
  • Options
    2 people that got a dragon can spit fire at each other or rain down for on each other thats known.
  • Options
    Pokemon battles in AoC, not a bad idea. However, this should be entirely optional and an leisure activity. I wouldn't want this mixed with actual PvP content.
  • Options
  • Options
    What USE said!! :p
  • Options
    I want to ride into combat on my glorious Harambe mount spreading the word of our lord and savior xD
  • Options
    I want to ride into combat on my glorious Harambe mount spreading the word of our lord and savior xD