Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Bard ideas

1. Stories get stale.  You can only tell a story so many times before it's old hat.  Give bards a secondary EXP bar called inspiration.  This would be filled like an exp bar while out adventuring in the world.  You use this pool to cast long term buffs while hanging out in town like SWG or use powerful political effects, give it a huge pool so you can spend just as much time entertaining as you do adventuring. 

2. Bards should be much more than buffbots. I imagine them actively shaping and modifying the political landscape of the game.  Have them sing/tell stories/dance about a guild, dramatically raise a guilds influence in a zone allowing them to reduce costs on guild halls and hiring guards. 

3. Infamy is powerful.  Have a red player causing troubles for a town?  Hire a bard to warn people about them.  If enough people stop and listen, that players infamy can multiply (note 0x50=0) changing a mild corruption level to a KoS and bounties being laid on their head.

4.  Bards should be able to influence prices.  Sing about a windfall of wheat the next town over, watch food prices take a dip.  Sing about the war from the mining village, watch metal prices rise.  I imagine this will be too powerful, but if it can be implemented it would make a bard a key player in every guild.

Comments

• Options
    I like the idea.
    Shouldn't they be able to "debuff" other cities as spies as well? Increase the shop priceses by singing/dancing/story telling in other cities :)

I've only seen bards in one game before and that's Everquest, after about 4 expansions in EverQuest the bards had all spells in game converted to songs and they could twist like 4 at the time. I really disliked the way the bards turned out as they could replace pretty much every buffing class in the game in the end.