Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

PETS!!

2»

Comments

• Options

I want one of these so I can be sure the mine is safe.

• Options
    I would like a boa constrictor that wraps around my character outside of combat and during combat it slithers around restraining and or slowing enemies.

This sounds more like a summoner or druid type minion :)
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited October 2017
    nagash said:
    I have a pet dog 

I think we should have a, "guess Nagash's pets name" contest.

I guess....."bones"

(actual pic below)

A tender moment between Nagash and his dog

Nagash stylin' with his pack

• Options
    nagash said:
    I have a pet dog 

I think we should have a, "guess Nagash's pets name" contest.

I guess....."bones"

(actual pic below)

A tender moment between Nagash and his dog

Nagash stylin' with his pack

well played sir
  • Options
    I love the feedback on this post 
  • Options
    This is just everyday normal skeleton  jokes 
  • Options
    Multiple of pets or invocations would be nice.
    There is few games that's allows you to have more than 5 fighting peons at time. 
  • Options
    warfoul said:
    Multiple of pets or invocations would be nice.
    There is few games that's allows you to have more than 5 fighting peons at time. 
    Sure. As long as each one you have out and control takes 10 percent of your health. No problem.
  • Options
    Yes or just a percent depending on the invocation stats(strength, life, heal...)  and, the invocater level, skills and stuff... 
  • Options
    Depends on what pets you mean. Like the useless fluff pets, or like a hunter pet.

If the latter, I hope, as a summoner I can choose to summon a small army. I never really feel like a summoner when only able to summon one creature.
  • Options
    regarding loot pets, i'm saying no for that as well, even though they're useful. you get ranged characters missing out on half the loot because melee character pets are looting everything too fast. it also does become a cash shop issue. if pets loot, i'd rather have it heavily restricted... 1, or 2 at most, and ranged classes have pets on top of combat spots for equal loot to minimise that problem.

but cosmetic pets are also cool, it's one thing i did like in eso. gotta have an oversized mudcrab!!
  • Options
    I'm hoping for loot pets that are raised by husbandry in game not gotten from a cash store; and I would hope that ranged player's pet would be able to loot from whatever mob that was killed by the player.
  • Options
    Various MMOs had combination of both functional pets and purely cosmetic pets.

One thing I haven't seen yet is being able to tame random animals to turn them to your cosmetic pet.

I'd probably like this very much.

This wouldn't mean that Intrepid loses on CS options, just that CS options need to be reworked a bit.

For example:
    - player can tame various animals found in the world to turn them to his cosmetic pet (some animals could be very difficult to tame)
    - CS could offer pet accessories (so after player has tamed an pet, he could by a necklace for it in CS, or pet boots, or whatever else pets can have, perhaps he could re-color his pet, etc.)

TLDR:

- make players able to tame animals they find in world to turn them into their cosmetic pets (cap on number of owned pets - cosmetic pet stable)
    - instead of selling cosmetic pets in CS, sell pet accessories in CS
  • Options
    I'm a sucker for a big, lovable, faithful dog. If there are Pugs there needs to be at least one medium/large sized dog too.

...As much as I hate puppy mills irl I might be willing to take Animal Husbandry and make one in Ashes...
  • Options
    Gothix said:

One thing I haven't seen yet is being able to tame random animals to turn them to your cosmetic pet.

This wouldn't mean that Intrepid loses on CS options, just that CS options need to be reworked a bit.

For example:
    - player can tame various animals found in the world to turn them to his cosmetic pet (some animals could be very difficult to tame)
    - CS could offer pet accessories (so after player has tamed an pet, he could by a necklace for it in CS, or pet boots, or whatever else pets can have, perhaps he could re-color his pet, etc.)

TLDR:

- make players able to tame animals they find in world to turn them into their cosmetic pets (cap on number of owned pets - cosmetic pet stable)

That is a very interesting idea with being able to tame pets, what if you could tame them then use the animal husbandry profession to breed such pets or create different breeds. Then they could be sold by people, say different breeds of dogs, cats or monkeys but there may be many different types of exotic pets that could be created specifically for the world of verra.

• Options
    I was under the impression that is how Animal Husbandry would work.
  • Options
    I didn't think it would be for non combat pets just mounts, pack animals, and possibly livestock for freeholds. Critters that simply run around you as you adventure doing nothing more than being there.
  • Options
    Yeah cosmetic pets are usually fixed as they are.

Would be nice if husbandry would include them as well.
  • Options
    Azathoth said:
    I'm a sucker for a big, lovable, faithful dog. If there are Pugs there needs to be at least one medium/large sized dog too.

...As much as I hate puppy mills irl I might be willing to take Animal Husbandry and make one in Ashes...
    *high fives* 
    Puppy mills are evil. Eeeeevvvvil.
    And yes, not just dinner dog pocket pooches, but big dogs like leonberger too!  :D
  • Options
    Varkun said:
    Gothix said:

For example:

TLDR:

That is a very interesting idea with being able to tame pets, what if you could tame them then use the animal husbandry profession to breed such pets or create different breeds. Then they could be sold by people, say different breeds of dogs, cats or monkeys but there may be many different types of exotic pets that could be created specifically for the world of verra.

this would be awesome, to say the least!
  • Options
    T-Elf said:
    I'm hoping for loot pets that are raised by husbandry in game not gotten from a cash store; and I would hope that ranged player's pet would be able to loot from whatever mob that was killed by the player.
    the problem with the loot pets is the distance with ranger compared to warrior. bdo has the pet system where they loot, and the ranged classes don't get as much loot as the warrior, due to his proximity to the mobs compared with the ranged class. by the time you get close enough to be able to loot at the same rate, his pets have been looting all battle. there's settings you can use in group to make it so everyone gets equal loot but no one uses it. it's all greed, and it's annoying. 

if they made it so it's ordered looting regardless if we have loot pets, it'd remove any and all issues with unfair loot rotations in game, so it's something if implemented to keep an eye out on i think.
  • Options
    I remember when looting was the best part of the combat. Sure, killing and gaining experience are awesome, but nothing beats collecting all the little gift wrapped presents afterwards.

Now it seems like it's just a mad rush to make sure you get more/better loot than everyone else and everybody wants "pets" to do it for them.

This Christmas instead of taking turns opening gifts with the family I'm just going to have my dogs tear through all of the gifts at the same time. It should be a treat for everyone :wink:
  • Options
    Gothix said:

Well technically WoW had the ability to “tame” wild animals and use them as pets. You did this through the pet battling system and instead of killing you caged it instead. Then it became your pet, to use in pet battles or for purely cosmetic reasons. About half of the pets in the game were gained by caging wild ones.

I’m not sure if any comments have been made around pets being anything other than cosmetic (as with ESO). I do recall some comments made that your pets could hang around your housing.

It’s always nice for those that like them to have a pet follow you around. I tend not to use one unless I can find one that perfectly fits my character’s style.

• Options

I believe Steven has also stated that pets will have certain uses and abilities, don't quote me on that though.
  • Options
    Gothix said:
    Yeah cosmetic pets are usually fixed as they are.

Would be nice if husbandry would include them as well.
    In one of the May streams (i think it was May 17th at about 1:05:00) they mention how husbandry isn't limited to mounts, but to pets and livestock as well.  Of course it gets fuzzy when you start asking if they mean combat pets or cosmetic pets.
  • Options
    No to loot pets but I want the Christmas critters from south park with satanic powers 😂
  • Options
    Half of me says, yes! I really want a fluffy pet! 

... but then the other half says, no, it will probably die in-game and you’ll cry for a week IRL.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited May 2018
    I played SWTOR, pets did nothing and were not usually worth the investment of devs or players.

Even if your character plays with them while standing idle that would be a cool and desirable thing for their animations