Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Guilds across Nodes

Can a guild only have influence in One node? Or may there be citizens in two or multiple nodes that are part of the same guild? That being said, can we see businesses throughout nodes that are similar since they are part of the same guild? Maybe even trade routes will become more efficient since there will be more solid communication between guild members than strangers about caravans being sent out?  This is all just an idea *Shrugs*

Comments

• Options
    I really like the idea of guild members being about to declare citizenship in more than one node. Maybe this could enable guilds to delegate "ambassadors" so-to-speak who could act on the guild's behalf in other nodes when it comes to trade. I imagine a guild would want some influence in each node, even if it isn't the primary node, to improve trade like you mentioned. 
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited October 2017
    Castle siege mechanics are built for guilds. Nodes are not built for guild control. So the short answer to your questions are no, yes, maybe, and depends on your internal guild communication/coordination.

• Options
    Kalkaz said:
    Can a guild only have influence in One node?
    Depends on what you mean by influence.
    Kalkaz said:
    Or may there be citizens in two or multiple nodes that are part of the same guild?
    Guild Members don't have to be citizens of the same Node. 
    Kalkaz said:
    That being said, can we see businesses throughout nodes that are similar since they are part of the same guild?
    That would depend on the Guilds. They could provide crafted stuff to multiple nodes if they so chose. But from the way you write it, it sounds like you're thinking like Store as in a separate building. Don't think we've heard anything about any such a function. All I can think of them saying so far about selling stuff inside Nodes is "Stalls" you can rent in a Marketplace inside a Node.
    Kalkaz said:
    Maybe even trade routes will become more efficient since there will be more solid communication between guild members than strangers about caravans being sent out?
    Efficient.. I don't see how by how they've explained game mechanics so far. Guild Caravans will be more secure though as long as Guilds are active in protecting their Guild Members' caravans.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited October 2017
    Guild members dont have to be citizen of the same node.
    Guilds can have influance on more then one node.

You are free to go and do what you want so. Especially when we get community guilds, like some guilds stated if they get really big they will have a pvp, pve, crafting etc. orientated guilds.
  • Options
    Forgot to add, they did say something like 
    "Having a Guild declare Node citizenship would be an interesting idea" or something in one of the streams. But I doubt they'd force Guild Members to be citizens of that Node even with that. It would be more that "This is where the HQ of the Guild is located" kind of thing.
  • Options
    It is possible for guild members to be citizens of different nodes.

However, it is likely most beneficial for all (or most) guild members to be a part of the same node all working towards improving that one, since there is competition between nodes. So it will be likely more efficient for guilds to focus their contribution to one particular node.
  • Options
    If youre bound to a node with your guild that would be limiting yourself.