Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Plan for Crowd Control?

Wondering what the plan will be for:
Crowd Control (cc) 
Immunity Timers vs. Diminishing Returns?
Different "Grades"?  (Stuns, snares, roots, "hard vs. soft", etc.)
CC Break abilities?

Did a quick search but didn't see much, anyone have dev input to this point?

Comments

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited October 2017
    In the most recent livestream they talked about abilities and some of them have cc components. 

https://go.twitch.tv/videos/182781830 

I can't recall them going into any details on cc mechanics.

• Options
    So far I don't think they've talked about CC in detail. Gone over most of the streams and I have nothing in my notes. I might have missed something tho.
  • Options
    As someone else commented in another thread, they are going to keep any information regarding mechanics limited for the time being. After the shitstorm of sniping and whining over the QTE they are finding that "transparency" during the development cycle is  a grand ideal. With the modern gamer, probably unworkable. It wouldn't matter if it was "perfect," there is always going to be someone shitting on your idea. One guy is going to want diminishing returns, the other guy is going to lose his freaking mind "If they have diminishing returns I QUIT!". So expect general Trumpisms for the next several months of "bestest thing eva, I promise." with no real information given. This will of course change once Alpha 0 is over, the NDA is lifted, and they actually have to put it in the hands of people who paid to test.
  • Options
    I just hope there won't be some kind of chain stunning in game. PVP crowd control is kinda messed up as in most game they don't bother balancing it in pvp.
  • Options
    CC in PvP can be balanced by CC skills having separate timers depending on if they are cast on monster or on a player.

For example, rangers knee cap arrow can lock down a mob for 10 seconds, but lock down a player only for 2 seconds.

Same goes for cool downs, if you cast your knee cap arrow on monster it gets 10 second CD, but if you cast it on a player it gets 15 sec CD.

Of course numbers are arbitrary and serve only as an example. The point being CC spell CDs and their duration can be different depending if they are cast on monster or on a player.
  • Options
    They will deffinly have DR systems and so called trinked system or ability to reflect/block incomming cc. 

The mage wall we know or maybe mirror image can be used for that. But other classes IDK atm.