Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Interesting things/concepts

So this is just a list of things i would like to see in the finished product of the game. Note that these are things i have got from different games and stories and i wouldnt want intrepid getting in trouble for copyrights.

1. a meteor that comes down and the landing site will have something interesting (see my post about meteor) 

2. A giant tree with a library inside (it can be the ashes tree and be called the tree of Verra or something) This place will have access to a lot of knowledge and maybe be a place where you can find hidden quests or just be a general place with lots of quests given by scholars and researchers asking you to collect materials for them. Maybe a hidden reward of an extra skill point that you receive without leveling up. (Tree and maybe a surrounding village will be neutral and will not belong to any zone of influence of nodes

3. Some kind of world threatening event like a dark lord that has the potential to reduce all nodes to lv1 or something. It will require collaboration from a large portion of the server to defend against (think sauron or calamity ganon)

4. Naval combat (because im a fan of pirates and One Piece) 

5. Lots of ruins that show Verra before civilization was wiped out (this one was confirmed in the last livestream i think)

6. Lots of siege machines like siege towers and battering rams (something cool like the wolfs head battering ram from Lotr third movie) defending city should be allowed catapults and ballistae too maybe.

7. An underwater city that is not filled with water so if you look beyond city limits it looks like an aquarium (think fishman island from one piece) 

8. A fortress dungeon controlled by monsters that could require multiple guilds to form an alliance to attack (hidden treasures inside that respawn every few weeks)

9. A training ground where you can grind for an extra skill point or minor stat bonuses.

10. Cant think of anything else rn 

Comments

• Options
    I really like the tree library idea. I would love to see something similar to an achievement that was in WoW in which players had to find and read all of the books around the city. This could have players searching around the tree and speaking with NPCs about where to find these hidden or even rumored books. And like you mentioned, there could be quests involved with these books or experienced gained from finding and reading them. A player could become a "Scholar" after completed the achievement, and this could be very lore-heavy. Just some thoughts!
  • Options
    I like the idea that with node advancement, the community could constantly help to generate ideas for new content.
  • Options
    What I love the most are deep forests with tree house settlements, specially on tall trees, with bridges etc.

I hope Ashes will have those somewhere in the world. And perhaps even allow us to make housing there. I'll be the first one to sign up for the spot.
  • Options
    Gothix said:
    What I love the most are deep forests with tree house settlements, specially on tall trees, with bridges etc.

I hope Ashes will have those somewhere in the world. And perhaps even allow us to make housing there. I'll be the first one to sign up for the spot.
    I saw that meteor thing some time ago.

Also @Gothix

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited October 2017
    Rare monsters only appearing after following their tracks for a certain distance, maybe?
    I'd like a hunting feature like that. :sweat_smile:
  • Options
    Dee said:
    Rare monsters only appearing after following their tracks for a certain distance, maybe?
    I'd like a hunting feature like that. :sweat_smile:
    Let's hunt the deadly prey.  The bacon demon. it is said these monsters hides are so great that Steven himself turned it into saddles and  wore them