Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Your Mining wish list is.........

Hey guys I will make this quick, and post my ideas later. But with mining in AoC, what would you like to see under this profession? Examples ore, gems, ty[es pf stone, and tools of the trade. Again I will post later what I would love to see under this skill tree. Thx

Comments

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited October 2017
    I just wish for the weapons, armour and tools to be worth more then the resources consumed to create them. 
  • Options
    I like tiered resources based on the tier of the zone(node, just don't want to confuse the 2 terms).
    I also like a % chance to get a rare ingredient or something off of a resource.
  • Options
    Classic mining materials, ores and gemstones. I would love gemstone section to be expanded though offering multiple gemstones to be used in jewelry crafting and perhaps other professions as well, like enchanting, etc.
  • Options
    soul stones need special ore to make so get to work you dwarfs 
  • Options

Ok I am back home, so here goes some things I would like to see.

One question before I start my list.

Should the Dwarf race have a different mining ability vs other races? Example, they can find special rare ores early vs others races. Meaning they gain a bonus to finding it earlier, but still other races can fit it too, but it takes them longer.

Now my wish list.

1. Different type ores; Iron, Shadow (Black), Copper, Silver, Gold, special magical ores of other colors.

2. Pack horses to be used between your freehold workshop and your mining location.

3. Mining tools like pike ax, shovels and wheel barrel type carts.

4. Mini game for smelting your ore, the better your at the game, the high your odds of getting the metal from the rock without loss. Can work by keeping wavy lines together, while your pumping the bellows. Just an idea.

5. Gemstone and jewel mining at higher levels.

6. Deep cave mining with mine carts.

That's just to start, so I am sure others might have this as their basic ideas too. Mining isn't part of making items, more of a gather type profession, but miners still can form ingots from the ores, and maybe cut the gems and jewels to the point they can be used.

What do you guys think?

• Options
    I don't think miners will be able to smelt the ore, that may come under the umbrella of the processing profession.

Will more precious metals such as gold, silver etc be found in more realistic quantities, thus only used for jewelry crafting?

As you mine is there a chance to come across something more exotic, or can metals of different types be found in the same place.

Prospecting for gem stones could it be its own branch under the gathering profession.

Will there be prospecting in streams and rivers in some form, the use of a sluce  for collecting alluvial materials, probably beyond the scope of a game tbh.

Will your mining equipment wear out or break, need to be repaired after some use. What about tools made of better more sturdy materials.

How about enchantments for your mining equipment, that allow you to mine slightly faster or gain a better chance at gaining more materials per attempt or rarer materials. 

Will your characters stats have an effect on your ability to mine, if you are stronger could you mine slightly more than someone who is more of a caster type, not a huge buff but a slight one.

Racial bonuses, are those dwarves just better at it than other races as I am sure other races would be proficient in other areas.

I will probably have more suggestions as people respond and I bounce ideas back. For me gathering is something I do enjoy in MMO's and I hope it is an involved and fun system in AOC. 
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    - The ability to proc higher yields (I suppose they already have this one down with the dynamic sliding bar).
    - Make rarer materials actually worth something. 
    - Make tools used in mining degrade over time.
    - Allow gems to be prospected/gathered through mining. The prospecting bit might be more of a smelter's job though.
    - I'm okay with the idea of quarries but don't make them too easy to gather from, don't overdo it.
    - Don't make it too obvious where the ores are, this will make mining more adventurous feeling and keep prices of mats from being completely valueless.
    - Have guilds dedicated to certain professions, would love a miners' guild. 
    - Reward those who are dedicated miners, maybe have special capes for each profession? (Hello RuneScape)
    - Have minigames or popup events that take place while mining to break the monotony. Perhaps a mob spawns that carries ores/gems or you find a rich deposit.
  • Options
    One thing I wouldn't like is "Oh, you have a pickaxe. You need Super stupid pickaxe of magic to mine this ore".

One pickaxe should be able to mine all ore, all axes should be able to cut all trees etc.
  • Options

Gems and shiny ores. As it's visually pleasing and has a decent value in the market here I come :)

• Options
    The usual things like coal, iron etc but maybe also minerals that are unique to Verra and have characteristics not found in the real world, for example a metal that is not meltable with normal smithing temperatures, but only in special fires found in volcanic regions.
  • Options
    I hope that the is a Tiered Ore and Weapon/Armor that as the game progresses so does the materials too make the items. it will be interesting to see as the nodes level what new materials become available. I hope that certain items are not only available in certain nodes, maybe there is a limited and abundant areas. I like what I have heard that there is going to be better levels/quality of materials to make better gear. looking forward to seeing the crafting system December 15th :) 
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Digging Dream Diary by Diura~~
    • Raw materials to be recognised by visual elements only (confirmed).
    • A wide range of materials that can be used in all levels of crafting (none of this lvl 1 material to craft lvl1 item that then becomes useless).
    • To be able to gather all raw materials at a low quality.
    • Low progression/low skill of gathering raw materials has a chance of "damaging the gather". More you gather the better you become at gathering it. 
    • "Damaged" materials to be recycled e.g damaged plants can be used by processors to make a basic crafting material which crafters can use.
    • Progression in the skill tree increases the quality of raw material procs and gathering larger quantities. 
    • Progression in the skill tree increases your skill to be able to gather raw materials in certain seasons/weather/day/night cycles.
    • For different seasons and environments to have different raw materials.
    • An opportunity (yeay for caravans and raw material nodes e.g a mine) for gatherers to group and and work together! (Less stealing each others picks and more of doing caravan runs together...or an evil caravan ambush in which I steal your raw materials too aha jkjk gatherers unite!).
    • Tough "fake" raw material monsters that require a group to kill - result a nice raw material loot for gatherers. Teamwork! 
    • My freehold to be set up as a Raw material store :D Come get your raw materials at "The frogs pond: raw material centre". 
  • Options
    FliP said:
    One thing I wouldn't like is "Oh, you have a pickaxe. You need Super stupid pickaxe of magic to mine this ore".

One pickaxe should be able to mine all ore, all axes should be able to cut all trees etc.

Agree with this, you should be able to buy a basic pickaxe and happily go mine any minerals you want with it. I would like to see better mining equipment be crafted how ever, they could give small bonuses to material yield or be more durable and need replacing less often. Yes mining gear should wear out and need to be replaced with either a very basic setup from a general merchant or if you want better higher quality gear from a crafter.
  • Options
    Varkun said:

Will there be prospecting in streams and rivers in some form, the use of a sluce  for collecting alluvial materials, probably beyond the scope of a game tbh.

This.

Even if it is only a function that can be used by placing a freehold adjacent to a stream. The whole grab a pick axe and wack away has gotten so old over the years in games.  Spice it up a bit.
  • Options
    Will we also be able to mine Bitcoin in game?
  • Options

Types of mining?

I am hoping we have it break down into these 3 basic areas.

1. River Mining - Panning,  Sluicing and Dredging to find your ore/ metals.

2. Surface Mining - Using Pickax and shovels above ground, and on the faces of hills and mountains.

3. Deep Mines - Like Surface mining, but your inside a mountain, and your risk waking up things in the shadows. Dragons, Elementals, Trolls and other type monsters. But you have a higher reward of finding ores and gems in the mines.

I think I will be ok if mining was broken down to these basic 3 areas.