Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Unique Guild Missions

What would you like to see in terms of guild-wide missions? Should they even be a thing? Do you have ideas for non-combat type missions or quests such as jumping puzzles, timed gathering quotas, mini-games, etc. What do you think has worked well/ failed horribly in other games? 

Comments

• Options
    I would really like to see something similar to BDO's guild missions, as I quite liked them
  • Options
    I'd like Raids to be handed out as missions, something more than just kill quests. 
  • Options
    I'd like guild missions to be a thing, but not too much importance as they felt like a chore you had to do in order to stay relevant in the guild ranking in BDO.

The guild ranking is no longer relevant in BDO, as everyone knows who the top guilds are, even though they are not on the first page of guild ranking, but guild quests giving points that are required for the guild ranking just feel like a chore compared to something you would do to improve your guild.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited October 2017
    I would really like to see something similar to BDO's guild missions, as I quite liked them

Except camp the Cyclops spawn points mission. That was **** waste of time.  :p

I only did it because PvP happened over it, and the PvP part was fun. When there was no PvP it was dull as hell.
  • Options
    Jumping puzzles feel too gamey for me, I'd rather not see them, though, if people like them, I'd hate to deprive them of it. But my preference says no.

As far as guild missions go. I suppose that depends, if it gives rewards for the guild, not necessarily the individual, I'm for them. Considering I usually join RP guilds that do as good as no PvP or PvE I'd feel somewhat forced to join a guild for said personal rewards.
  • Options

I am looking forward to Guilds really having some meaningful content in Ashes. Guild quests are one of the features that I hope are really fleshed out. I do not want daily quests (one of the cancers of modern MMOs) but instead I wish there to be some epic quest chains that continue on throughout the life of the guild.

Once the guild hits level 2 the quests start and will progress through a storyline as the guild grows with more unfolding as the guild levels. These quest chains could unlock some guild rewards (eg. Cosmetic items, pets, mounts, titles).

• The quests could take a lot of different forms:
    • Gather a certain amount of resources for an NPC to help them complete a grand crafting task
    • Unearth certain knowledge that can be found throughout the world and is registered to the guild when any member discovers a section
    • Gain a reputation with a faction through whatever means reputations are gained
    • Complete a specific world boss that is only available as part of this quest line – summoned as part of a ritual, think Windfury quest in WoW

Something for everyone in the guild to participate in, be they casual or hardcore, and something that is not necessarily deferential to large guilds. Done well, the guild quests could be one of the larger draws for people to join a guild in Ashes.

I would imagine some of these quests would just be dependent on guild level, while others could very well be tied into node level as well (ie. certain quest will only open up for a level 20 guild once their home node reaches level 5).

Imagine a long quest chain that was set in motion when the guild was but level 2 and comes to fruition after many months and many levels. The guild is tasked with gathering the materials to summon a presence from another plane because the quest faction (be they military, religious, economic or scientific) needs an essence from them to finalise some grand project. T

To summon this presence the guild needs to collect 5 items from varied places throughout the world. These are then used in the ritual and the boss is summoned. If defeated the guild gets some nice gear, a title, access to some crafting recipes for a new cosmetic item or skin, etc. If the guild fails to kill the boss, they must once again collect all 5 items to attempt the summoning for subsequent attempts. 

• Options
    Yessss. Guild specific and unique missions would be awesome! For instance, if you have a high lvl guild it would be cool to get a mission that maybe a monster shows up that you all have to heed the call to and go defend a town from destruction. It would have to be instanced of course so only your guild does it. It would also be neat to have guild specific quests to gather resources or maybe even have a cross guild co-op where you team up with other guilds for important tasks.
  • Options
    I would love some PvP based guild missions as well, where all you get flagged when accepting the mission, and checkpoint areas where mission objectives are located become flag zones (like caravans).

It would allow for some nice PvP.

TLDR:
    I want part of guild missions to be PvP based.
  • Options
    @Gothix Keep your TLDRs, man.  If someone can't be bothered to read a sentence then they aren't worth consideration. 

TLDR on some of my essays... maybe, but I still call bollocks on the whole concept.