Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Hello!

I've been on and off lurking since May. Backed the kickstarter despite the wailing pleas from my bank account, but I'm still riding that hype train proudly! I've seen all the live streams, nearly all of the podcasts/etc. This is gonna be so sweet, just gotta have faith in our team and some patience.

I see a lot of people here adding things like "I'm a veteran MMO player of 30+ years I've lead 3 guilds here are my computer specs" to their comments, and wow. I can't touch that. I am not an MMO player. I've tried in the past with no success. I'll do good for a week, maybe two, but for one reason or another (most of them being concerns Intrepid is working to fix) it didn't last any longer. Wasn't for me. I play single player RPGs and an outlier or three. Filthy casual. So the idea of being in a guild, making commitments to a group of people who I don't know the first thing about? It feels incredibly foreign in my world, at least as it relates to gaming. I would like to try though! I know there are incredible people here making the community what it is, and I want to be a part of that! I'm not even necessarily afraid of the people who aren't as friendly, that's nothing new. Just a little nervous to jump in all at once. Lucky I've got some time to adjust!

So, hello, glad to be here! I'm happy to talk with anyone. I'll be around! C:

Comments

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited October 2017
    Welcome!

Your experience, or lack thereof, doesn't matter. Just play at your own pace. You'll be naturally guided towards cooperation in this game. You choose your own way, and by doing stuff, you're helping your node out. If you are a single player RPG player, chances are you'll actually read your quest text. Giving you some context to what you're doing, and hopefully make you care about the node you live in.

If you are polite in your interactions, most people will be polite back. But as I said, due to the nature of the game, and strife created by rivalling nodes. I feel player to player interaction will come naturally. So I would argue this is the perfect MMO for you the get started in.

Again, welcome aboard!
  • Options

Welcome to our community!
    It is wonderful to have players such as yourself trying out the MMO genre! Really hope Ashes of Creation will be the right MMO for you! 
  • Options
  • Options
    Welcome to the community :)
  • Options
    Welcome to the party @WindStorm
  • Options
    Hello and a very warm welcome <3
  • Options
    "hugs" welcome!
  • Options
    Henlooo
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited October 2017
    Welcome @WindStorm :)!
  • Options
    Welcome @WindStorm! ^^
  • Options
    Welcome aboard =)!
  • Options
    @Ariatras My thought process exactly! I'm SO excited for that kind of flexibility in such an interesting game. Hearing them talk about meaningful conflict is a huge draw. Boredom is an instant game killer for me so my hopes are realistically high, even if that just means putting it down for a while and coming back later. 

@Diura ME. TOO. If there is ever going to be an MMO for me, it's Ashes of Creation. Even if it ends up being half as good as we're imagining, I know I'll get my money's worth.

Thanks for the welcome everyone!
  • Options
    *Offers a bottle of champagne to @WindStorm so they can christen the sloop in the harbour as a welcome*

Welcome on-board!
    My momma always said that guilds are like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get.

My own experiences have varied wildly, from those who booted me out when 100% attendance wasn't upheld (rare to find), to those that were full and friendly but rarely chatted or interacted, my favourite ones though are those that are willing to do anything to help you enjoy your game whilst making it a hell of a lot of fun to repay the favours.

I don't want to come across as preachy or patronising, but I'd recommend by working out what kind of digital game you love the best... 

Would you choose a puzzle game?
    An exploration game?
    A fighting game?
    Strategy?
    A world, city building sim?
    A game where you have to collect all the Pokemon?
    What about one of those mobile games where you put together pizzas or lunches etc?
    Or would you be in it to just make the most money, or the most real life friends that you could?

With a basic idea of what YOU love doing, you can work out what kind of guild and what you can offer.
    Whilst it's best to offer support and help if you can, my bet is that once you've worked out your niche, and pick the right guild accordingly you won't even notice that everything you do supports them. :D

Oh, and it's rare the guild that dislikes casuals. It's also rare to not find that everyone's friendly, but don't feel bad about swapping and changing if you don't gel with people fairly quickly, whilst experience helps you to know if the guilds the one for you, you'll know almost instantly if it's not. :D

The games not launching for ...well it feels like forever, stick around, be friendly, dip your toe into discord, and hopefully by the time choosing a guild becomes kind of important, you'll already have made friends and know who you want to follow / lead come launch.

Because mmo guild mates can become best mates, and real life mates who you get to meet in real life...or in much more than one case, marry etc etc.

Bleuch, preachy waffle, welcome!

• Options
    WindStorm said:
    @Ariatras My thought process exactly! I'm SO excited for that kind of flexibility in such an interesting game. Hearing them talk about meaningful conflict is a huge draw. Boredom is an instant game killer for me so my hopes are realistically high, even if that just means putting it down for a while and coming back later. 

@Diura ME. TOO. If there is ever going to be an MMO for me, it's Ashes of Creation. Even if it ends up being half as good as we're imagining, I know I'll get my money's worth.

Thanks for the welcome everyone!
    you are going to fit in so well here ^^
  • Options
    Image result for all aboard the hype train gif
  • Options
    Welcome! Enjoy the journey!