Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Just Registered

I have been playing LOTRO for 10 years as my only MMO and played GW prior to that. This game really intrigues me and I have no problem paying for the Alpha, but my question to those in the Alpha, is the game really enjoyable? It looks like the hype train on mmorpg is saying this is the one to play.

Thank You in advance

Comments

• Options
    Alpha won't be for a while. Alpha zero starts in December but you can't buy that.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited November 2017
    Welcome to Ashes, @Meto!! Glad you joined up. If you want to know more about the game, I suggest you go to the blog on the site (www.ashesofcreation.com) and look at the videos there as well. You'll get a great undetstanding on the project. Also, go to the AoC wiki page, (type it in google) and you'll be able to see the questions that have been asked and addressed by the devs themselves! As for the Alpha, its in 45 days on Dec. 15.. but only those who have won a key will be playing, but we'll be able to see! 

• Options
    Thank You for the information.. The screenshots and video look incredible
  • Options
  • Options
    Welcome to the community :)
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited October 2017
    @Chudyie Except we won't be able to see, everyone who participates will be under a non-disclosure agreement. 
  • Options
    Welcome @Meto! ^^
  • Options
    Welcome @Meto! :)
  • Options
    Welcome to the community.

The first few Alphas probably won't be as exciting and good content wise, but I have high hopes for the consistant alpha 2 server which I am planning on playing on if it receives updates.
  • Options
    Welcome @Meto!
  • Options
    Image result for all aboard the hype train gif
  • Options
    Welcome welcome to the community @Meto Hope you enjoy your time here :smiley:

• Options
    Welcome to the gathering @meto!
    Sadly as a community, as @Chudyie points out, we're not going to be able to find out if it's a great game to play as yet, but everything is lining up in the right direction for it to be so. 
    Having said that, it may be that after the 15th people give non-breaching feedback on if they liked it or not. 
    Although, that probably won't be helpful if you're deciding to buy the Alpha PAX package, as no-one knows how long that'll stick around on the store, it may be removed for real life merchandise before Alpha 0
  • Options
    Welcome, for some reason I already like you, I have no idea why, oh btw nice avatar!  ;)
    They are doing random key drawings for alpha zero which is in Dec, alpha 1 will not be for awhile. In any case stay with us! There are a lot of updates world building and great things to pour over as it is right now. Great community so far, the Devs really want this to be for us MMO gamers. Yes there is a hype train but it's well deserved.
  • Options
    Welcome to our great community!
  • Options
    Welcome to the Party!
  • Options
    I was lucky enough to win the drawing. I've not heard of any scedual yet. Hopefully soon!
  • Options
    Howdy, Newest member to Ashes of Creation. I've been watching about it on youtube and following the vids for awhile now. I figure it's time to become part of the community. Iam so stoked for this game, it's not funny. Been playing Wow, Archeage, FFXIV and Black Desert. Taking a break from all of them and playing builder/crafter/survivor games. I miss having a good mmo experience. It all just feels so stale. I have great hopes for this game and believe this is the game I have been waiting for. Hoping for a beta because waiting 2 years is going to be torture. Either way glad to be here and sticking around for the long run.
  • Options
    @Meto I too played Lotro for years, glad to have you in the community!
  • Options
    Welcome to the community. I hope you have fun on the forum.
  • Options
    I bought a package don't know what I get. do the physically mail me something?

• Options
    At the moment, you get an email receipt :)

• Options
    Hello @Meto o/ and welcome to the community