Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What will we see under the tree of Crafting?

I know we will have it in the game, and it falls under two categories.

1. Gatherer - Mining, Fishing, Hunting

2. Crafter - Swords, Armor, Bows

But my question is, what professions will we see under each branch?

Comments

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited November 2017
    It falls under 3 categories
    Gathering
    Processing
    Crafting

Gathering
    • Farming (mentioned in a Stream)
    • Fishing (mentioned in a Stream)
    • Mining (mentioned in a Stream)
    • Lumberjack (mentioned in a Stream)
    • Herb Gathering (showed in a Stream)
    • Taming (mentioned in a Stream)
    • Skinning/Butchering (assuming based on leather armor being confirmed)
    Processing
    • Breeding (mentioned in a Stream)
    • Smelting (ore to bars etc, not mentioned but assumed based on others)
    • Weaving (assumed based on tailoring being a thing)
    • Tanner (assumed based on leather armor being confirmed)
    • Woodcutter (assumed on lumbering)
    • Butchering (assumed on fishing and need for meat in cooking)
    • Milling (processing wheat and other crops based on farming)
    • ??? (something to process herbs)
    • Enchanting (mentioned in Stream, I assume it's a Process)
    Crafting
    • Weapon Crafting (mentioned in a Stream)
    • Armor Crafting (mentioned in a Stream)
      (Both maybe branches of Metal Craft or something)
    • Alchemy (mentioned in a Stream)
    • Cooking (mentioned in a Stream)
    • Tailoring (assumed based on whats normal crafts)
    • Leatherworking (assumed based on leather armor being confirmed)
    • Woodwork (assumed on lumbering and staff weapons)
    • Engineering (assumed based on Caravans, Boats and Siege Weapons)
  • Options
    I think there may be enchanting under the crafting heading too, pretty sure it has been mentioned a few times.

Really am waiting on some good solid information on the crafting system but that will be many months away, closer to alpha1. The above isn't a bad list of what to expect though.

• Options
    I am not sure what all will be added for sure. I am glad to see so much already announced though. I enjoy crafting in pretty much every MMO I have played so far!
  • Options
    Varkun said:
    I think there may be enchanting under the crafting heading too, pretty sure it has been mentioned a few times.

Really am waiting on some good solid information on the crafting system but that will be many months away, closer to alpha1. The above isn't a bad list of what to expect though.

Forgot that one, thanks Varkun.

Above list is partly based on what is mentioned in streams as "examples" and based on what is common crafting in other MMOs as well as other things I suspect based on what we know. 
  • Options
    I am not sure what all will be added for sure. I am glad to see so much already announced though. I enjoy crafting in pretty much every MMO I have played so far!

There is a lot that we don't know to do with crafting at this point in time, and it will be quite a few more months before we do know more specifics. We do know that crafting is to be one of the main pillars of the game.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited November 2017

Ok Oops I missed the Processing branch my bad. lol

Here are a few other professions I would like to see in game.

Alchemy - making potions of magic. Might be a given.

Bee keeper - getting honey both wild and off farming system.

Brew master - maybe an off shoot of cooking, make different drinks. ale, beer, wine, blood ale of the troll hehe 

Jeweler - Making fine jewelry of all types, even can set jewels into weapons and armor.  

Taxidermy - Making stuffed creatures from things you hunt, even a rug or two. Hey you need to have stuff to display in your homes right? lol

Tinker - They make all the tools needed in the game. Pick ax, hammer, saw, pots and pans etc. etc.

Ok some of these are wish list type stuff, but still would be great in the game.

• Options
    Granthor said:

Ok Oops I missed the Processing branch my bad. lol

Here are a few other professions I would like to see in game.

Alchemy - making potions of magic. Might be a given.

Bee keeper - getting honey both wild and off farming system.

Brew master - maybe an off shoot of cooking, make different drinks. ale, beer, wine, blood ale of the troll hehe 

Jeweler - Making fine jewelry of all types, even can set jewels into weapons and armor.  

Taxidermy - Making stuffed creatures for things you hunt, even a run or two. Hey you need to have stuff to display in your homes right? lol

Tinker - They make all the tools needed in the game. Pick ax, hammer, saw, pots and pans etc. etc.

Ok some of these are wish list type stuff, but still would be great in the game.

You have some interesting choices in there and some of them may very well be part of the crafting system, or be branches on the crafting tree's under each of the main professions. I do like the idea of jewelry crafting and will be part of the crafting tree as there are jewelry slots on the character for such and thus would be able to be crafted.