Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Will there be cities starting out?

So I’ve been going thru all the videos on YouTube about everything that I might have missed while I was deployed, and I had a couple of concerns about the game and how it will start out.

After watching all of the videos I keep seeing all these beautiful cities and buildings that are in place.  And I was under the impression that when we start the game there wasn’t supposed to be anything in the world and that the players would be the ones starting the cities from the ground up from the nodes.  Are the videos of the cities supposed to be showing us what the cities will become or will there be cities already in place? I really hope it’s showing us what cities will become, because i was really looking forward to building a city with a clan and making it ours and trying to become the 1st big city.

Thank!

Comments

• Options
    That is what the player developed cities will become, to start with there will be nothing more than a camp and as people do things in the node the settlement will start to grow. How the nodes develop will be determined by the players, what type of settlement etc. If I was good with links I could point you in the direction of some more relevant information.
  • Options
    Awesome, I’m glad that’s how it still is, I just get afraid because when I 1st saw the game I was floored on how epic is was gonna be because I love playing base building game, and this is taking it to a new lvl and I know how sometimes DEVs will change their game because they because rushed or the just decide to take a different route.  I’m glad that’s not the case.
  • Options
    The node system is the basis for the whole game, and just how those nodes evolve is almost completely driven by the player base, fun times ahead.
  • Options

The release day will probably be a zerg fest, every guild killing everyone. Which is also very epic. They also stated they wanted conflict right from the start.

• Options
    This was addressed when answering a question about how will people sell stuff they loot if there are no vendors when they first come out of the portal, and since on headstart servers for the first two days node development is turned off. You can see in the Alpha 0 reveal of the portal area that there are 8 small tents set up. Those will be populated by the aforementioned vendors and npcs needed for the starter area. The starter area will not develop like a regular node and (unconfirmed) will most likely be a pvp free zone immediately around the portal to prevent spawn camping. Outside of that immediate area though, @Fleelix is right, it is going to be a schlockfest.